Hi
Purchased a few Components yday and assembled a pc
R5 1500x used
2x8gb gskill ripjaws ddr4 2400
A320 gigabyte mobo
CX550 psu
1gb nvidia graphics card

When I am doing prime95 stress test with both roms onboard
The test runs for a few min at 100 percent cpu and the. It says instability detected
Then i used 1 ram only and the test went smooth for very long and i stopped it
Then used another ram in same slot and it gave error, changed slots for this still same

Windows memory diagnostic say the ram's are fine

The processor when ta 100 percent never goes over 63c

Can you guys help me figure out which component is faulty.

Without tests with normal usage the system works fine may be only while reboot it shows memory management error, couldn't take pic

I helped @JMak with putting together this build.

He has been testing various combinations of the RAMs, in all slots since yesterday. Basically 1 RAM stick is working just fine and passes the stress test without any errors, but the other stick is throwing out errors when testing with prime95 in all of the slots. Tried with Windows Memory Diagnostics, with the single RAM stick which was giving errors in Prime95, and the test didn't error out. But was greeted with a BSOD right after the test while restarting the system, with the error Memory Management.

Have looked into the motherboard manual too, regarding which RAM slots the motherboard prefers, it basically just says to use alternate slots for dual channel.

The RAM was purchased from a forum member too, he did send memtest screenshots for the ram sticks with several tests passed and 0 errors, hence can't just call the RAM stick faulty.

If only one of the ram is not working then it's highly likely you should rma it... in the meantime you can try running memtest program
is the mobo bios fully updated to latest?

Yes I also faced system stability issues for few months on my ryzen 1700 with asus prime b350 plus mobo and gskill ripjaws V 2133mhz ram until a newer bios update resolved it. I could not narrow down to ram issues for sure because memtest was passing for me even though I only ran it for short periods. But I suspect ram issues because other people also complained on reddit etc of similar issues.

Note that the same ram was fully stable on my previous intel skylake pc.
There were some memory compatibility problems when ryzen 1st gen was launched. Could the memory compatibility be a problem?
Yes which is why im asking if you have updated to latest bios

This is very surprising to me as i ran the memtest86 atleast twice and also the Large fft and blend test of prime95 for a good amount of time and I wasn't welcomed with any errors. It could be related to system compatibility too but narrowing things down to the actual problem is a pain in the butt. One thing to keep in mind tho, I was using this with an intel skylake processor and MSI z170a m5 motherboard and like the other guy just said, the first iteration of ryzen had problems with ram as i did read alot about it on AMD's reddit. What I'll do first is go to the actual support site of the motherboard and download the latest bios and system drivers. One stupid advice, but i will also run an sfc scan and the dism commands just to be sure nothing's corrupted. Also, download hwinfo64 and monitor the temps and voltages when you run a stress test. Do that first, then let's see if something comes out of it or not.

And I remember doing prime95/stress tests only during OC way back in 2k9 or so.
Thereafter never bothered as most of the tests even on accurate OC systems are bound to fail after 24hrs or and then there were those crap shit Yt videos where they say to keep the tests run overnight or may be for 24+hrs to guarantee results as if someone is going to participate in world Olympics and win a gold medal.
Till date I have mixed many hardwares and never encountered any specific bsods nor I ever relied on such tests which again arent 100% foolproof.
My funda---Club the hardware, fire the os, watch videos, do multitasking, throw random games and for few hrs if your system is running as it should congrats you got it right!

And I remember doing prime95/stress tests only during OC way back in 2k9 or so.
Thereafter never bothered as most of the tests even on accurate OC systems are bound to fail after 24hrs or and then there were those crap shit Yt videos where they say to keep the tests run overnight or may be for 24+hrs to guarantee results as if someone is going to participate in world Olympics and win a gold medal.
Till date I have mixed many hardwares and never encountered any specific bsods nor I ever relied on such tests which again arent 100% foolproof.
My funda---Club the hardware, fire the os, watch videos, do multitasking, throw random games and for few hrs if your system is running as it should congrats you got it right!
Yes, true. I only ran those stress tests just to give satisfaction as there's nothing wrong and everything's running well. I was using that kit for 4 years up until a few days ago and didn't have any issues at all. I mostly game on my pc and i hadn't encountered any bsod or anything at all. I only upgraded the ram as it was the cheapest upgrade i could do. I also read about running atleast 10 passes of memory tests and running things overnight just to be sure, which i think is stupid af. Even though i have read prime95 is very heavy and shouldn't really be used, i still ran that just to, you know what. I'm not really sure what's causing these issues. Hopefully this gets resolved or I'll be taking them back if that's the last resort.

Back