Laptops Assess the price of old laptop

I have an 14 month old Toshiba Laptop with following config.

I bought this for INR 54000

How much its worth if I want to sell it?

1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo with 2MB L2 cache

2 GB DDR2 RAM

120 GB HDD

128 Nvidia Graphic Card

15.4 WXGA

Webcam and microphone

Internal 802.11 a/b/g Intel WIFI card

RGB, TV Out, SD Card slot, RJ-11, RJ-45, Video TV-out, DC-in, Gigabit Lan Card, PCMCIA/CF Card Slot

Thanx

Neotheone said:
^^ Whoa ! , thaose valuations would hurt the poor seller.... particularly since it was purchased for 54K.

then u buy it for 30k.
do some good to the poor seller... :p

on a serious note..
look at the config man..:)

Thanx everyone..

If its worth not more than 15k then I feel that config below this worth nothin.

I have seeing some ads on clickindia.com where some sellers were offering 1.8GHz pentium at 10k.

These are the links of the ads for old laptop sale

Used Laptop Dell For Rs.14,500/=, tiruchchirappalli, India

ACER ASPIRE Laptop - Dual Core - 1 Year Used For Rs. 20,000 - Mumbai, mumbai, India

Acer Aspire Core 2 Duo Laptop 1 Year Used For Rs. 22,500 [ Mumbai ], mumbai, India

ACER ASPIRE Centrino Laptop - 1 Yr Used For Rs. 16,000 [Mumbai], mumbai, India

6 Months old Laptop for 15500 RS - Bangalore

They are being sold by some second hand laptop dealers.

So, I am bit confused about the price of my laptop because my config is way better than theirs.

Can someone please help me understand..

Your config would easily sell for anything near 20k mark ( those people saying 10k 12 ... ask them to give proof from where they can prove the price ).

I personally am looking for a laptop in the same price range n config and the quotes I'm getting are aroung 20-22k for similar config.

Infact if you live in delhi or nearby write me a pm giving your address I might buy your laptop...

^ ur IQ really seems to be 6886 points ok go n buy it for 20 k 25 k

watever u feel like

but in true sense its not more than 15k max.

@OP: sell it locally somewhere in open market,

may be u ll get 18-20k

but here on TE u wont anything more than 15k

15 k is the extreme high here for ur config,

I didnt post here to sell my laptop. I just wanted to get an idea about the price and how much its worth.

I already have a buyer

@Mohitpreet : How is the dealer at the above posted links selling their inferior config at a better price than mine? My laptop is better than their and still its worth less than their.

those r just stupid links

no body actually buys from there.

check the price of dell vostro A840 nA860 n acer 4530

then u will see wats ur notebook worth...

how much is that buyer ready to shell out?

tell

dont compare Toshiba with acer.

If you buy sahara laptop I bet you will get at much cheaper rate.

If you wanna compare why dont you quote the price of Apple Macbook of same config. :p

And about the website, these guys must be paying something to host the website. If they arnt earning anything (as you guessed) who is paying there bills?

You will get the same config Satellite A200-530D at 45k. Its the current price.

And after 14 months same laptop is worth 12k. That a vry high depreciation rate or may be the highest for any item.

I am getting 25k.

and ur talking about 14 mnths old

well almost 12 months earlier i bought a dell inspiron 1525

15.4 inches

c2d 2.0ghz

3gb ram 250 gb hdd

rest almost same for ~42k

add another 2-3k for the 128 mb nvidia card as mine didnt had it.

so it wud make ~45k

now the newer insprion 15 with better config costs just 33-34k

if ur gettin 25 k then the i guess the buyer is not knowledgeable enough or u seem to be very intelligent in front of him....:p

dont think twice, just sell it to him for 25k right away

and get a new one

and dont buy toshiba or viao's

these r just overpriced

get a dell

MohitPreet said:
and ur talking about 14 mnths old
well almost 12 months earlier i bought a dell inspiron 1525
15.4 inches
c2d 2.0ghz
3gb ram 250 gb hdd
rest almost same for ~42k
add another 2-3k for the 128 mb nvidia card as mine didnt had it.
so it wud make ~45k

now the newer insprion 15 with better config costs just 33-34k
I agree with you. Toshiba , sony and macbook are overpriced.
My frnd bought a macbook for around 70k last year of same config as mine. It doesnt mean his laptop is also worth 15k this yr because Macbook is Macbook. You cant compare macbook with dell or acer.

If someone buys Toshiba it means he is interested in that brand and he will spend 45k for the same laptop today.

You cant compare one brand with another just easily as you did. I think brand still matters for the people. Different brands provide different features like mine has 1.3M camera, harmon/kardon speakers, fingerprint reader. Dell doesnt have these speakers. You cant hear any sound if you stand 2 feet away from dell speakers.

You cant simply add 2k with laptop price to get a Nvidia card. Its not a PC.
If you want a Graphic card, you would have to jump from one series to another series and the price wont be just vary by 2k. It will cost you much more than that.
I m going for a high end desktop. I was gonna buy a Trancend RAM but someone suggested me to buy OCZ even though OCZ is costly. Brand still matters for people.

I m gonna sell mine for 25k

Back