ASUS 300Mbps DSL Wireless N Router RT-N13U Printer Server / FTP Server Rs 2925

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people interested in using this with a 3G data card, I can confirm that it works perfectly with the Huawei E122 and Huawei UMG181 USB Modems! :)

nihit - Yes its mentioned on the side of the box. :)

@varkey: Can this be mounted on a wall. I am looking for a new router and key requirement is being able to wall mount the thing.

varkey said:
For people interested in using this with a 3G data card, I can confirm that it works perfectly with the Huawei E122 and Huawei UMG181 USB Modems! :)

nihit - Yes its mentioned on the side of the box. :)
Well ,

Thanks For This Info

sarang said:
@varkey: Can this be mounted on a wall. I am looking for a new router and key requirement is being able to wall mount the thing.
Has no factory made wall mounting holes. You will have to create a small stand/ platform or something innovative. Let me know if you think/find something, as I also want to wallmount mine.

@nihit: Sure thing. I've already drilled a 8"x4' plywood sheet where I hang my n/w stuff. This'll probably be hung (not till death :p) by its neck at the same place.

Got a small doubt...might sound noobish..pardon me for that...

Can I able use both 3g data card and hdd simultaneously VIA usb .....using USB hub or something...actually thatz the only doubt holding me back from grabbing it...

Pro maven - Design Studio

Yes looks like its not so great! :(

Initially it worked fine, everything worked great. But after 2-3 days, I noticed that sometimes I am not able to connect wirelessly, also it gets disconnected from the internet and takes a while to reconnect. Although the internet disconnection issue seems to be due the BSNL, as I am facing the same issue when the modem is connected using my Seagate Dockstar too.

So if you are planning to use with BSNL 3G I suggest you wait for sometime.

Oct 19 08:24:02 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 0.5 minutes.

Oct 19 08:25:06 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 0.5 minutes.

Oct 19 08:28:10 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 2.5 minutes.

Oct 19 08:29:50 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 1.1 minutes.

Oct 19 08:30:59 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 0.6 minutes.

Oct 19 08:43:46 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 12.2 minutes.

Oct 19 08:45:27 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 0.5 minutes.

Oct 19 08:46:25 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 0.4 minutes.

Oct 19 08:47:24 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 0.4 minutes.

Oct 19 11:38:30 dockstar pppd[1640]: Connect time 170.6 minutes.

Thats the last 10 lines from my connection log on the dockstar. As you can see the number of disconnections are very very high.

And when using the Asus Router, it fails to reconnect most of the time. Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes for it to detect that the connection has been lost and reconnect. Whereas on the dockstar it reconnects within 30-40 seconds.

Both the router and dockstar are using pppd to connect.

even I was facing a lot of disconnections.at first I thought this was due to the router then found out it was BSNL to blame.

Congo :)

Do post few tips & tweaks if you discover any.. As of now using with 3-4 torrents at speed of 200 Kbps..

Few problems...

Cant select files you want to download in Download master (Like Utorrent)

Cant see number of peers & their IPs like in UTorrnent :(

Any help ?

I havent done any of those. just wanted a n router, shelled few hundred more for that "i got it" feeling. i am getting a atom for all those.

No router can possibly come close to the ease of use and scalability i am expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back