Graphic Cards ASUS 8800GTX/GTS Retail pics & info ..

hehe so many are too scared to go with NV 8800... well guys... NV is happy to give u 8900 by March for sure but it will no doubt make huge moni with 8800 also :)

Basically Suit yourself... We all know by now dat NV knows how to make enough moni to stay afloat :)

Ok .. some new pics .. now from MSI. . with some more awesome details ...

1161783711.jpg

MSI NX8800GTX : 786MB memory, with the core on 575MHz with mem on 900MHz (1800 MHz effective) , 384bits-bus , 86GB data per sec , 128 unified shaders on 350 MHz , physics-technology : nVidia Quantum Effects.

1161783633.jpg

MSI NX8800GTS : has a core on 500 MHz , 640 MB DDR3 on 900 MHz (1800 MHz effective) , 320-bit , 96 shaders on 1200 MHz , Dual Link DVI, TV-Out en HDCP

Both will have 128 bit floating point HDR lighting.

Wow 11000 3DMark06 score with ONE 8800GTX, seeing some benchmarks on 3D Guru, don't 2 X1950's give somewhere near that score ? If they OC that proccy more and even the card then they can push that score to really insane limits... I don't even want to know what Sli is going to give us...

akS !

hope the pricing is sweet too which i dont think it will since this will be the only dx10 card seris in the market moreover only dumb people will buy since crysis still has quite sometime till release

Well Card is not OCed as nothing out there will OC it :D

Its not yet official but if it is.. DAMN.. I have been saying "NV - PHYSX" since I read about the G80 (Unusual MemBUS and GDDR Amount) details and I think I am good @ guessing atleast :p

As for SLI "Hipro" @ XS already posted "15,500 in 3DM06 on a Ref 680SLI board with CPU @ 3.6GHz".. best part Beta Drivers and Beta BIOS :p

don't 2 X1950's give somewhere near that score ?

Well .. some guys with X1900XTX's and X6800's easily touch the 13k's mark ... but even then .. a single card with this much performance is great indeed ...

If they OC that proccy more and even the card then they can push that score to really insane limits

Well ... nvidia said somewhere the G80 core is scalalble even upto limits like 1 GHz on the core ... leave alone the mem. (enough bandwidth) ... lets see how much of that is true ...

How come still GDDR3 when ATI is already shifted to GDDR4 with X1950 series ?

Well .. like it or not .. nVidia is quite smart here ... GDDR3 with high. bus interface (384 bit), to GDDR4 with old bus interface (256 bit)... hmm .. seems like the same result .. plus > 80 GBps bandwidth .. man .... hardly games use up 20 GBps .. and in that case ... what matter more will be the "core clock" eehh ...

^^ Some SOURCE of mine told me the reason for GDDR3 over GDDR4 is something entirely different,although what you say makes sense too....and might be one of the reasons.

Darklord said:
^^ Some SOURCE of mine told me the reason for GDDR3 over GDDR4 is something entirely different,although what you say makes sense too....and might be one of the reasons.

What was that reason darky?

deathvirus_me said:
Well .. like it or not .. nVidia is quite smart here ... GDDR3 with high. bus interface (384 bit), to GDDR4 with old bus interface (256 bit)... hmm .. seems like the same result .. plus > 80 GBps bandwidth .. man .... hardly games use up 20 GBps .. and in that case ... what matter more will be the "core clock" eehh ...
ROFL this is so lame :p. As if you can't create a 384bit interface using GDDR4 :rofl:. They are pin compatible and the package size is the same so if the mem controller supports it, the pcb can stay the same. The issue here is latency... gddr4 runs at significantly higher latencies than gddr3 and maybe nv's new chips is sensitive to latency.

Back