Laptops ASUS A555LA Laptop - WiFi Connection Issue

Please suggest, if I requires to buy WiFi Router to access Net from Laptop?
yes.
@vyral_143, maybe that's why windows was giving no internet error. How could he get internet from pc without the dongle in pc? Even if the dongle was connected its just a receiver. It cannot transmit anything.

yes.
@vyral_143, maybe that's why windows was giving no internet error. How could he get internet from pc without the dongle in pc? Even if the dongle was connected its just a receiver. It cannot transmit anything.

...but at same time the Receiver is connected in Desktop... and I'm able to connect 2 of my phone through WiFi using this receiver.... on same...

in Place of Mobile Handset if I put Laptop, than why Laptop fails to catch the WiFi Connection (while with mobile I can surf without any issue),

Sorry, if it sound silly ... as I think Mobile Handset too have WiFi like Laptop ,than why Laptop not able to catch WiFi like Mobile?

PS: I do not have DATA PACK or DATA Activated on any Mobile.

...but at same time the Receiver is connected in Desktop... and I'm able to connect 2 of my phone through WiFi using this receiver.... on same...

in Place of Mobile Handset if I put Laptop, than why Laptop fails to catch the WiFi Connection (while with mobile I can surf without any issue),

Sorry, if it sound silly ... as I think Mobile Handset too have WiFi like Laptop ,than why Laptop not able to catch WiFi like Mobile?

Are you sure on this ? 'cause this does not sound technically possible, AFAIK.

MTNL cable going to Desktop, desktop has that USB WiFi dongle and phone able to connect and use internet over WiFi. Something must be missing here.

Also as told by @6pack f2 key on your laptop is used for switching WiFi ON/OFF.

maybe laptop needs higher quality signal from the receiver. try connecting all three at the same time - laptop + two phones to the usb dongle connected to pc. put whatever password you have put in phone to connect to the pc. you can even disable password for a few minutes to try to resolve the error. Just make sure wifi is on in your laptop.

Are you sure on this ? 'cause this does not sound technically possible, AFAIK.

MTNL cable going to Desktop, desktop has that USB WiFi dongle and phone able to connect and use internet over WiFi. Something must be missing here.

Also as told by @6pack f2 key on your laptop is used for switching WiFi ON/OFF.

Hey vyral_143,

What I said (wrote) is 100% correct.

If I give any wrong information, how would you or any other can help me correctly?

I'm in great dilemma on @6pack suggestion to buy Router to access Net via Laptop (when I'm accessing WiFi from Mobile using this Tiny Receiver).

Also hardly there is 3-4 Feet distance between Laptop, Desktop, Receiver & Mobile. So I think no issue for Range.

Last edited:
@Emperor, we are not doubting you. we are just wondering what setting you used on desktop dongle to share internet? What are the steps you did to start sharing internet from that usb dongle to mobile? Is there some restriction on number of devices that can connect to it?

Hi Guys,

Finally WiFi access is done..... by disabling Firewall from my Desktop.

I can easily paired 3 Device simultaneously and access WiFi ok speed without any issue.

Yes, it makes possible with use of following WiFi Receiver sub Rs.300/- (Believe me, I'm using same)

Great. Were you sharing internet from desktop through internet sharing method in windows?

Yes.

Thank you for your, @vyral_143, @ReVo_007 suggestion, without it, I were not able to by pass all steps one by one.

In-fact, (to disable firewall with desktop) this suggestion was given to me by my friend over phone call....

Last edited:
Back