Graphic Cards Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CU II

anikethpopup

Disciple
Hi,

I wanted to know if i go for Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CU II Graphics card, will it be able to run all the latest and upcoming games at 1080p with ultra settings. As i have a budget of 18K for graphics, i selected the 560.

Thanx :hail:

@anikethpopup a better graphics card for that budget is the AMD HD 7850 2GB ~15500/-.

It is more efficient and powerful vis-á-vis the nVidia GTX 560Ti, the latter only takes a token lead in games like -- Battlefield 3; here is a benchmark run between the two --> AnandTech - Bench - GPU12.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankx alpha17
but will HD7850 make all the upcoming games also work in ultra settings?

Definitely it can handle most of the current generation games on high settings but Ultra will be stretching it a little. But expect it to run all the upcoming titles for the next two years at medium -->high fidelity.

What is the resolution you will be gaming at and what is the rest of your configuration will affect the overall performance of the game too.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

@ashis_lakra the card you have singled out is very expensive compared to a stock edition of the card from HIS OR Sapphire [which uses better quality components].

Also it is very easy to over-clock these cards [HD 7*** series] so I would sincerely advise OP to go for the same from Sapphire OR HIS.

@anikethpopupohkkk looking at your configuration, I doubt you will face any issues whilst playing games on that with the card, in-fact for better performance down the line you have enough spare juice to over-clock your GPU.

Happy gaming and thanks for the fish. Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ohkkk... il be playing mostily at 1080p only,

the rest of the config is as follows

Intel i5-2500K/ coolermaster hyper evo212 cooler
Asus p8z77 v motherboard
gskill ripjawsx 8gb 1600mhz ram
120gb ssd
1tb hdd
corsair tx650W powersupply
naxt phantom 410

Thanks ALPHA17, But I've had bitter experiences with 3 Sapphire Cards i owned in past namely HD 4670, HD 6850 and HD 5770. I owned MSI NGTX 560 ti some months ago and it never gave any troubles / problems. So, I personally prefer MSI / Asus than Sapphire ones. I'm worried about Asus RMA, hence MSI should definitely be on top list.

So, I personally prefer MSI / Asus than Sapphire ones. I'm worried about Asus RMA, hence MSI should definitely be on top list.

That is valid reason; I have personal experience with the RMA of a MSi HD 5770 and it was replaced with a HAWK edition card within 2 -->3 weeks, when the HD 5*** series had just released and was in great demand.

Have not heard anything bad about Sapphire RMA either, so what were the problems you were facing?

i have the same 560Ti which OP is talking about and i have maxed out every game upto now .. leave aside maxpayne 3 which need 2Gb of VRAM to max out but i always got 50~60 FPS in general

spec ops the line have few problem specially in videos. It get quite slow some time but during the game if i leave aside 1 incident then its smooth

for me i would pick 7850 over 560Ti as i had better experience with ATI cards [my personal choice]

OP,the 560ti can play any game you can throw at it with ultra settings(all the AA and AF in the world) but it can do that at 1360 x 768,ideally, but at ~1600 x900 resolutions and at those settings it will struggle a bit in some games(very few),but games will still be playable.i own it and regularly play crysis(heavily modded for extreme graphics),crysis 2 ,batman arkham city etc. and it gives the least frames in crysis with mods.at 1360 x 768 in crysis,it gives me avg 50 and min 30 fps(in areas with big firefights),and arkham city also performs the same with all the candy turned on and at the same res.crysis 2 is relatively easy to handle with min 45 fps and average 60+ at the same res.Dirt 3 can be maxed at 1080p.i think crysis 2 can be maxed out at 1080p(havent tried it yet),and all the other moderately intensive games,but arkham city and crysis will have to be played at a little lowered settings at 1080p,also since 560ti has physx support and similar performance to 7850 ,i would personally choose the 560 over 7850.

The 2 gb vram for 7850 is more futureproof than 1 gb gtx 560ti . Games like total war shogun 2 gain massive improvement in fps due to the 2 gb vram

Back