Laptops Asus K56CA Bios problem Black Screen

Guys need help....I have Asus Ultrabook K56CA.....
I had installed extra Hdd in place of DVD drive using Hdd caddy....was installing Ubuntu in that drive ....
Other drive has Win 8.1....
In the bios after restarting I changed my boot order to this slave drive instead of master and now bios screen not showing up....

Really need help....how to recover/Flash bios ? ....Nothing helped tried loads of things no luck....

Thanks for the reply. I'm running out of idea and things to tried to bring this puppy back to life. I guess I will have to change the mobo.

I just find it odd that, like your case and mine and many other I find googling this issue, that the hardware failure happend just when we change something usual in the bios.

Anyone has an explanation for that?

I have tried to boot without hdd and without memory stick. I have even find my way up to the cmos battery and unplug it for a minute to reset bios and reassemble the mobo for no result. Only thing I didn't try is unplug the msata ssd or the wlan card, but I really don't think it would change anything.

I ordered a new mobo. But my question still is, how do you fry a mobo by changing a simple setting in the bios and hit F10 for save & exit? Those things are freaking fragile! I'm afraid now to change anything in the bios.

I own computers for over 20 years and I flashed bios and ssd firmware before, but I never lost a mobo. And now, two times within the last six weeks. Last month, my desktop mobo (ASUS P8Z68-V) died the same way. I replaced it with a MSI.

Back