Asus Laptop RMA Experience

t3chg33k

Skilled
I normally don't purchase any kind of extended warranty but I went ahead with a 2-year extension of onsite warranty when I purchased the Asus Tuf A15 in Oct 2020, primarily I tend to use laptops for a long time and because it cost around 6-7k which didn't feel exorbitant, compared to what Dell charges.

I was thinking it wouldn't be of any use but with less than a month to go, a couple of deal pixels turned up on the screen. The process went as follows:

D: Contacted Asus through their website
D+2: Received troubleshooting instructions and then asked to confirm if issue persists. Confirmed the same day
D+4: Received email again from customer service informing request has been forwarded to local service centre
D+5: Received email from local service centre that RMA request is delayed due to local weather conditions
D+6: Received a call from the service centre asking me to share a photo of the issue
D+8: Contacted the same person again for an update and he said that part is being procured
D+9: Engineer came to my home and replaced the screen

The third-party cost for the same is also nearly 9k, so the extended warranty seems to be worth it in this case.

Overall, I would give a 4.5/5 for onsite service, which is much better than a family member who has been unable to get his laptop serviced by HP for over a week now.

Last edited:
That's quite reassuring to hear this for Asus.

I have been with Lenovo (different laptops but same manufacturer) from last like 15+years and their onsite and ADP support has been just brilliant. But lenovo's new laptop are just not upto the mark compared to Asus so I was thinking of going with Asus once my current one dies on me. I remember I got my brother a Lenovo laptop with 3 yr ADP , I don't remember the model no but Lenovo actually dropped that model to new z540 model as the laptop had a design flaw with motherboard. Lenovo kept changing the motherboard for 3-4 times still same issue, so they went a bit overboard and told us they will offer a new laptop in exchange with no added cost and replaced it with z540 which at the time costed 65k and my brother's laptop was for 48k. This was an example which made me think Lenovo's support is just out of this world.

Anyways, apologies for the rant, my next would def be a OLED laptop and seems Asus only is into making OLED laptops with good config compared to others who are offering same specs but 2x the cost.

Back