Asus p320 gps help

I got a new asus p320 wm phone over this weekend. Due to lack of information on the net/asus site, here are a few queries i'd like to raise:

most internet resources say that p320 has a inbuilt sirfIII gps receiver. However, there is no mention of the same on the phone documentation.

I tried doing the gps update, which it says is successful.
Then i tried using the sirfppc demo. The device connects successfully to COM1 port at a baudrate of 57600. However, the NMEA data seem to be screwed up. The timestamp resets to 1st april 2007 00:00 UTC and no location data is seen.

Has anyone tried to use a navigation software successfully on this device as yet??

ok anil, i would rep you as much as you want , but please post a review of the phone on TE.. you see lots of ppl including me are waiting. :p

Review ! Review ! Review ! Review ! Review ! Review ! PLEASE !............sorry no answer to ur question....others using GPS please answer that

Whats the best Price you guys have been quoted for it

I just searched forit and found 11k to be the best price! that also on Ebay

hey i am using asus p750 the inbuilt gps wont work i am using sat nav all india map which i got free with phone and thats works good
as far as inbulit application is concern that will just show u the speed and compass thats all

no it isnt...

ive used the GPS on the P320 when i had the phone for review purposes... it comes with GPS allright....

I usd Mapmyking navigation... and it worked just perfect... you can even use google maps you know >>

yes!!! i tried gps with google maps....tried stepping outside to the terrace..and voila!! it worked...thnx icefusion and all others for the help :D

now lemme try and post a short review of the phone asap. Id try and do it by tomorrow late nite :)

anibhatt said:
yes!!! i tried gps with google maps....tried stepping outside to the terrace..and voila!! it worked...

Can you please explain in detail how u did it?

TIA

EDIT: Where can i get Mapmyking? Cant find any info about it!

sujit801 said:
Can you please explain in detail how u did it?
TIA

EDIT: Where can i get Mapmyking? Cant find any info about it!

download the google maps for windows mobile from google website and install it in your phone, thats it. Make sure that you are in a open place to receive GPS signal, if you check the GPS sitting inside your room, you wont get signal.

If you are looking for mapking, here is the link
Download and trial

making, by the way is pretty much uselss with a tracking error of over 100 mtrs at most places

the best maps and routing for India are from MapmyIndia, but their WInosw mobile front end is pretty crappy

Satguide maps are reasonably good and the front end (Destinator) is fairly decent but their routing is a lil sad and the POI information is nearly non-existent

Take your pick between the latter two but don't even think of using mapking for any practical purposes

(mapking btw reminds me of an old Hindi song, probably from the 50s - jaana to Japan, pahunch gaye Chiin (China), samajh gaye na (My destination was Japan but somehow managed to land in China )

Hi,
I went to wavetel mobiles to check Asus phone and p320 is a chick :eek:hyeah: i am in dilema. out of the three mobiles what to choose. P526, P527 or P320 Does all the three mobiles have sirf iii gps will be getting this week

vijaycool said:
Hi,
I went to wavetel mobiles to check Asus phone and p320 is a chick :eek:hyeah: i am in dilema. out of the three mobiles what to choose. P526, P527 or P320 Does all the three mobiles have sirf iii gps will be getting this week

Yes, all the three mobiles have got sirf III GPS receiver.

P526 - no wifi, no auto focus in camera. Rs. 14k
P320 - no keypad, Rs. 11k
P527 - you get oneindia map from satnav with destinator in a 1 GB Micro Sd card for free. Rs. 15k

you can chose between P320 and P527. If you are not particular about the keypad, P320 is a good choice. P527 is a VFM bundle.

Thanks gmano. deleted p526 from my list. How about the sound of p320 compared to 527. which has higher ringtone sound? wavetel price is 16.5K for 527. I believe 527 supports A2DP. Interestingly p320 battery doesnot match with 527 mobile
can we get winmo 6.1 for 527

Back