Asus p320 gps help

you can upgrade to Win6.1 yourself, but that would void warranty.... Ringtone volume on both is almost the same...

The P320 is a slimmer phone so it has a lower battery :)

^ Above all how is the after sales service of Asus ? ....lol....We all know how pathetic it is for computer peripherals ? anyone here has had any experience with asus phone / pda service ? After all , we don't want to end up going to rashi with it :lol:

The dealer told me they have opened 2 service centers at chennai one at kilpauk as i remember. No idea abt service quality as my asus mobo never failed till the time 8+ age

vijaycool said:
The dealer told me they have opened 2 service centers at chennai one at kilpauk as i remember. No idea abt service quality as my asus mobo never failed till the time 8+ age

OMG - are u talking abt the Asus phones ? we aint talking abt the "mobo"'s here :no: :no:

The P320 is cool, got it for 13k with 2 GB card, some aspects are different, but overall, it's ok, for all those blazing guns, please excuse, this phone is slow, if you want it to be fast go for the Nokia's, has more features I think

^ Above all how is the after sales service of Asus ? ....lol....We all know how pathetic it is for computer peripherals ? anyone here has had any experience with asus phone / pda service ? After all , we don't want to end up going to rashi with it

it's pretty OK

Freaky had bought a 526 from me on which The USB connection went kaput somehow

We went to the store where I had got it from who gave use the phone # of the service center (which was basically the local liaison office of the importer)

He dropped the phone there, they made us wait for a week during which they sent it to the Mumbai service center to figure out if it is a software or hardware glitch

When it turned out to be hardware, they gave us a new replacement phone

YMMV though since I did have to give them a strong lashing + gyaan on customer service twice whic is what I am guessing prompted a relatively short ( 1 week) turnaround

tommy_vercetti said:
The P320 is cool, got it for 13k with 2 GB card, some aspects are different, but overall, it's ok, for all those blazing guns, please excuse, this phone is slow, if you want it to be fast go for the Nokia's, has more features I think

when u say some aspects , which are those ?
we have been expecting a review for the p320 since ages out here , u please do the same......:hap2: secondly , please load the T9 keypad and see how easy is it to type sms's on the phone please....also does it accept nail touch ? or it needs biotouch like the iphone......sheeesh too many question , a short quick review will be very much appreciated by all......oh yea , test cam shots too.....TYIA.

hanzy said:
when u say some aspects , which are those ?
we have been expecting a review for the p320 since ages out here , u please do the same......:hap2: secondly , please load the T9 keypad and see how easy is it to type sms's on the phone please....also does it accept nail touch ? or it needs biotouch like the iphone......sheeesh too many question , a short quick review will be very much appreciated by all......oh yea , test cam shots too.....TYIA.

Sorry Im bad at Reviews

Here's first the answers that you need

The P320 is decent considering it's price

You do not need any T9 keypad, you can type using the stylus, and some of the newer words like your name get automatically added so next time you type the first digits you get the prompt, the touchscreen keypad is a little (can't describe the proper word) you have to touch it properly in the center for the key to be pressed, pressing it with the hand is not that easy, nails might help, the phone does not have a GPS software and using Google Maps, the google Maps uses GPRS or some kind of internet settings to get your location, not that precise, No memory card, you have to buy one, Sound and all is ok

P.S.

My freind has HTC P3300 he got it for 17-18K odd at Croma, I got mines from Croma too, his P3300 runs on the same procc, just 201, 1 digit more and it seems more faster, might be he's on Windows Mobile 6.0 and Im on Windows Mobile 6.1, things are more snappier in his phone, I donot have any extra apps apart from Adobe Reader and Google Maps installed, also he has 1 GB card and I have 2 GB

firstly i apologize for not doing the review as promised....held up at work :(

@udayrulz : the GPS works like charm on P320. I used it on google maps. tested it on a rough auto ride from MG Road to CV Raman Nagar [Bangalore]. Trust me the gps was accurate turn to turn, landmark to landmark. Agreed it needs you to be outdoors and a not-so-cloudy day to work properly. Perhaps you will need a good software with an exported google maps.

As for typing on the screen, fingernails work ok, fingertip will be a lil too big. T9 [or its windows equivalent] is preloaded, works pretty neat.

Yup, the GPS works great, only if you have updated the GPRS Catcher, which seems to be like some Satellite caching app, which updates all the satellites so next time you use GPS it coordinates with it to give you the actual results

tommy_vercetti said:
My freind has HTC P3300 he got it for 17-18K odd at Croma, I got mines from Croma too, his P3300 runs on the same procc, just 201, 1 digit more and it seems more faster, might be he's on Windows Mobile 6.0 and Im on Windows Mobile 6.1, things are more snappier in his phone, I donot have any extra apps apart from Adobe Reader and Google Maps installed, also he has 1 GB card and I have 2 GB

Sorry for the wrong information regarding it being slow compared to the HTC P3300, I figured out, I had the Clear Type enabled which makes the fonts edges more softer for better readablit and that was causing it to run slow, disabled that and it was just like the performance of P3300

anibhatt said:
firstly i apologize for not doing the review as promised....held up at work :(

@udayrulz : the GPS works like charm on P320. I used it on google maps. tested it on a rough auto ride from MG Road to CV Raman Nagar [Bangalore]. Trust me the gps was accurate turn to turn, landmark to landmark. Agreed it needs you to be outdoors and a not-so-cloudy day to work properly. Perhaps you will need a good software with an exported google maps.
As for typing on the screen, fingernails work ok, fingertip will be a lil too big. T9 [or its windows equivalent] is preloaded, works pretty neat.

I know its accurate .. buy does Gmaps support ROUTING .., like can it give u step by step directions to a place .. (I don't think it does in India ..)

udayrulz said:
I know its accurate .. buy does Gmaps support ROUTING .., like can it give u step by step directions to a place .. (I don't think it does in India ..)
No, it has that option but does not work for india, there are features like Traffic View and stuff, but not for india, maybe if you were a blackberry or a Google map enterprise subscriber then, still india I doubt it

Finally i am zeroed on p527. What is the cost now at chennai. How reliable ordering through indiaplaza and how long will it take to reach chennai

vijaycool said:
Finally i am zeroed on p527. What is the cost now at chennai. How reliable ordering through indiaplaza and how long will it take to reach chennai

15.5k at srivasavi mobiles, Velachery. This is the cheapest price you can find in chennai. (others sell over 16k). Indiaplaza is reliable, their shipping time is about a week. (sometime you get it the consignment in a day or two)

vijaycool said:
Thanks gmano. You mean the shop opposite to Yoga narashima temple? I will check this weekend

yes, same shop.

you can check the thread in Hot deals section, very good prices for Asus PDAs.

Back