Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Having some issues with slower downloads with transmission not really sure whats the problem here CPU is at peak when downloading using transmission

4MB cut paste from USB to Windows on NTFS , expect 8MB with ext3 will try in some time.

BTW - Sorted all problems with download speed did some port forwarding and moved to ext3 for downloads wont advise NTFS for download data since the write speed on NTFS is limiting the download speed.

Now wait till tomorrow when i write the guide.

Wow just came in to request your guide and saw that it's already posted in first post. Thanks a lot. Will be following it and giving it a go. :)

Added some info on installation on first page though not complete will try to add more info

@dinjo

I have both these files

ASUS RT-N13U Rev.B1 firmware 2.0.2.0

ASUS RT-N13U Rev.B1 firmware 2.0.1.1

Let me know if you need it, Can upload.

Your guide was very helpful and I've installed everything and it's looking good. However, in my windows I can see both A and B drive as the 1 GB one and not the download partition or the torrents folder. Though I'm able to see them in FTP. Is there anyway to access the torrent folder from Windows, if so what's the command for mounting it as a network drive?

PS: Both of my partitions in USB are ext3, one of 1GB and the other of 6GB

Enable Samba and mount the drive which has 6GB mounted

hVIIm.png

If you dont know which drive is mounted as 6GB check via below command

Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# mount

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)

none on /dev type devfs (rw)

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)

devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)

/dev/discs/disc0/part2 on /mnt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)

root@DD-WRT:~# df -h

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root                 5.3M      5.3M         0 100% /

/dev/discs/disc0/part1

503.9M     66.6M    411.7M  14% /opt

/dev/discs/disc0/part2

13.9G    168.2M     13.1G   1% /mnt

root@DD-WRT:~#

@Praks

What do you want me to do with those files

Guide edited to make it cleaner will add info on port forwarding and QOS later on

Ok, so now I redone the whole procedure with a 160 GB external HDD, here partitions are 1 GB Ext3 and remaining ~145 GB Ext3.

There seems to be some issue with my mounting, I'm seeing /opt mounted twice and also when I select /mnt from dropdown in Samba share (Which is the data partition), I'm seeing empty folder, whereas, when I select one among the two /opt mounted, I see data/torrents folder within that.

Code:
root@DD-WRT:/opt# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)
/dev/discs/disc0/part2 on /mnt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)
/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
root@DD-WRT:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 5.3M      5.3M         0 100% /
/dev/discs/disc0/part1
                       1007.9M     83.1M    873.6M   9% /opt
/dev/discs/disc0/part2
                        145.7G    187.6M    138.1G   0% /mnt
/dev/discs/disc0/part1
                       1007.9M     83.1M    873.6M   9% /opt
root@DD-WRT:~#

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Also, after router restart auto mount of USB isn't working, I've to plug the USB again. Is Auto mount working for you?

EDIT: Just followed the procedure once again and now everything is working fine. Seems I made a mistake of downloading the settings.json file in the link provided, which has different settings than what we're looking for. Also it seems even though USB is not shown as mounted in GUI, it is indeed mounted when we look from telnet and also torrent is working fine. :D
EDIT 2:

Few suggestions to improve your guide.

1 - The last section 'AutoRun Transmission on re-boot' is a bit confusing. You could maybe make it cleaner by mentioning which lines need to be within the file and the last line is a command to make it executable, after saving the file.

2 - Would recommend you remove this line 'The file settings.json can also be downloaded from here (the wget command is one line):' as if people use this option instead of editing the file themselves, as I did, the settings there are different from our config.

Great job with the guide. Unfortunately, can't rep you as I've to spread some rep around before being able to rep you again.

You can always customize the settings.json and wget options is for whom who dont want to copy paste the contents , are you getting max download speed on torrents now ?

I'm trying to enable Media Server on router now ;-)

Updated the perms part for S99Trans., thanks for the tip

I would recommend to transfer files using filezilla by enabling ProFTD the transfer speeds are faster as compared to samba

^ Yes, I'm getting upto ~110 but varying speeds on public tracker torrents. Gonna try one from Iptorrents today, should get full speed ~120 kbps, as I'm on 1 mbps.

Have you noticed any difference in the Wifi signal strength/speeds after moving to DD-WRT? I bought a Wireless-N router assuming it would improve the wifi signal in my room but sadly it was actually a downgrade in that respect when compared to my old Netgear Wireless-g router!

@arun

can you also test at night to test 2mbps also have you getting high pings since for last 6 days i'm getting high pings around 120ms and where did you got the 160Gb portable drive i have been looking for it

^ Ironically my land line died just 2hrs ago. I tested an iptorrent file before that and I got constant 130.

Also my plan is still 1mbps, they haven't changed my plan yet, its been 10 days since I requested, now they are asking me to go and give a written application. :(

The 160gb hdd is an old faulty maxtor that gets ejected automatically after a few minutes of use. So now I'm back to using 8gb pen drive. I'm planning to buy the seagate 500gb hdd specifically for this purpose. Using letsbuy if I get coupon from somebody, the price will be 2.1k shipped.

How much are you getting in 2mbps?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Not sure whether you know or not but the startup script sis not working since the wget the file fs.z is nto getting downloaded for me

^ Since when? Mine was working good until evening. Which party of the script isn't doing the job?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Back