Asus rt-n13u

cranky said:
You do know that the DD-WRT team does not return routers, don't you?

As it is the router is functional in all basic tasks. It is the extended features which do not work, specifically the built-in torrent downloader, which is a big reason people spring for this router. And it does not work (along with inability to retrieve IP over PPOE - so it's incompatible with a vast number of ISPs that assign IP dynamically using a modem). There are numerous other issues such as low signal range and periodical dropping of connections.

It *is* that bad. Look at the Asus support forums for the router and you'll see what we're on about. Actually, look at the Asus support forums period. You'll see where the problem is.
Just a quick bump to let you know that DD-WRT for the N13-U is a go :)
DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Will dd-wrt support RT-N13U?

cranky said:
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll give it a whirl but wait for one or two positive experiences instead of just cribs :)
Exactly what I'm planning to wait for as well. Give 'em a month or so to try and iron out issues :)
If things don't work out within 1-2 months, my N13 gets sold

I was updating the f/w from 2.0.1.0 to 2.0.2.0 on the 1 version. It said that the router would reboot automatically after upgrading. Well, it did not reboot and now all i get is limited connectivity and cannot access the admin page too. I have tried restoring the f/w from firmware restoration utility but no luck there. Is there anything else you guys suggest before I take it to the ASUS Service center ??
This is just 1 month old and this happened right on the first day of use. :mad:

Back