Graphic Cards Asus Vs. Sapphire Graphic Cards - Which one is better?

Haven't used Asus cards.. But have been quite content with the Sapphire ones and also the service support in my area has been excellent..I guess people don't go for a Sapphire unless they are aware of it..

BikeAdvice said:
I see that many Asus and Sapphire graphic cards are closely priced. Which one is better in terms of quality?

Sapphire is exclusive manufacturer of AMD chips based graphics card, while ASUS has its feet in both the camps [AMD as well nVidia].

Now depending on which card you want [AMD OR nVidia], shortlist the company. Be warned ASUS has a pathetic after sales record here in India, so if you want to buy a nVidia card, go for companies like -- ZOTAC.

Hope this helped.

Both companies use the ref version for AMD during the launch time. In case you are looking for a ref card, then it really does not matter, as both cards will be the same. Just get the one which is cheaper.

If you are looking for a revision card, like a DCuII/Vapor/TF II/III, etc, then MSI is the way to go.

ALPHA17 said:
Sapphire is exclusive manufacturer of AMD chips based graphics card, while ASUS has its feet in both the camps [AMD as well nVidia].

Now depending on which card you want [AMD OR nVidia], shortlist the company. Be warned ASUS has a pathetic after sales record here in India, so if you want to buy a nVidia card, go for companies like -- ZOTAC.

Hope this helped.

ZOTAC has had really bad stories as well, worse than Asus. Not to mention that ZOTAC is a low tier brand and doesn't use high quality components.

Also Asus has improved their after sales services quite a lot now.

mav2000 said:
Both companies use the ref version for AMD during the launch time. In case you are looking for a ref card, then it really does not matter, as both cards will be the same. Just get the one which is cheaper.

If you are looking for a revision card, like a DCuII/Vapor/TF II/III, etc, then MSI is the way to go.

Yup get the one which is cheaper.

But for special revision cards, it's not always MSI. Depends on which card you are looking for. Overall MSI's Twinfrozr cards are great, but some of the DirectCU and Vapor cards are slightly better.

it is hard to compare between these two brands. both have been around for quiet a long time and you can not go wrong with either.

imo, the reference cards for AMD are manufactured by sapphire. (not very sure though)

It remains the largest supplier of AMD/ATi cards.

Sapphire cards have good support in India, Costs less compared to other manufacturers, performs well, cooling is good.

Asus support is not that great here, but the high end cards starting from 6850/550ti have great build quality, its DCU cooling is tested and is very effective, Costs 500+ than other manufacturers.

If you are much in overclocking and ready to keep RMAing the card, then sapphire is the way to go. Asus replacement will take time. MSI is worth considering too, but Sapphire A.S.S is better compared to MSI's. MSI reference cards shouldnt be considered :) ...

Get sapphire my friend you will be satisfied and if you go for asus you will be terrified by their A.S.S,sapphire is the way to go:eek:hyeah:!

ASUS Award-winning DirectCU graphics cards

ALPHA17 said:
Be warned ASUS has a pathetic after sales record here in India,

When was the last time you rmaed anything from ASUS? Please describe your worst experience and when was that? :)

ALPHA17 said:
so if you want to buy a nVidia card, go for companies like -- ZOTAC.

Which graphics cards have you owned till date?

Which brands of graphics cards have you owned till date?

How many cards/brands have you had to rma till date and could please describe your experience for each?

p.s. it's so easy for anyone to play "guru" on the internet" :(

The point here is really simple which I think you fail to understand my dear Friend... The point is not about the quality of ASUS graphics cards, its their A.S.S which is not good in India... Hope you get what we are trying to say here...
pegasus said:
ASUS Award-winning DirectCU graphics cards

When was the last time you rmaed anything from ASUS? Please describe your worst experience and when was that? :)

Which graphics cards have you owned till date?

Which brands of graphics cards have you owned till date?

How many cards/brands have you had to rma till date and could please describe your experience for each?

p.s. it's so easy for anyone to play "guru" on the internet" :(

There are many people here who have experienced awful service from rashi,waiting in line for hours and then you get the answer like your product is out of stock,then they make you wait for days and even months sometime,they try to give some other product which is not as good as your product.so it's better to avoid rashi if you have good competitor like sapphire:)

Well, TBH, i have heard all the horror stories, but mate, I have not encountered even one (of the two times i have had to RMA)

Also, bikey here on TE will help you out if you have a problem and plan to go for RMA, just give PM him. ;)

Sapphire has a good reference line up, Asus makes great / modified SKU's with excellent coolers and over volt options.

ggt said:
^its aditya infotech.

How is their service?

BikeAdvice said:
I see that many Asus and Sapphire graphic cards are closely priced. Which one is better in terms of quality?

I notice you're from Chennai. Rashi support is decent here (and much better than other cities AFAIK). My last encounter with them, for an XFX gpu, was pleasant.

Aditya infotech :i have heard praises all along with their service.
Did not had the experience of RMA since the card did not have any problems.
There were certain instances on TE which i have read earlier which i remember.
There was a sapphire gpu which was a direct import from the US of A which was DOA which they honored .
This speaks volumes about of their quality.

Back