Asus Warranty issues

Hmmm. I might pursuit that option.

But I wonder about Asus. There is so much unsold inventory. How is it possible to find a near proximity mfd component. On top of that, this is a new revision of Tuf Wifi mobo. Has PCIE 4 and in that context should not be 'that' old to have a warranty reject

In context, this is to prevent sellers from selling "unboxed" (read used) products with fresh bills, claiming buyers will get full warranty.
Generally, the leftover from an import is taken back by the distributor if it is not sold within a certain time period.

@Prosenjit might be able to explain this a bit further.
I think it is the same reason why some of the processors/motherboards he has listed have 1 or 2 years less warranty, being sold a while after the import date.
These are very old stock found out at our warehouse at the time of the stock audit. As per the policy, we have to sell any products within 4-5 months from the purchase date. That's why we can give a sell date based on our purchase date. That's why the warranty is less

The end customers pay the price, however.

I get your point.

In this case it was a sealed product and not open box. Although hard to prove.
While a distributor may need to sell the inventory withing 4-5 months of mfd. But that range is unrealistic for retailers to clear their stock.

But yes, in the end I'm facing the issue. Apparently as @chetansha suggested, need to drop a mail to FK

What is going on at ASUS !!! :mad:
My new motherboard, bought in Aug 22, ( mfd Oct 21 ) is poised to loose 10 months of warranty. Reason "DELAY SOLD".

View attachment 145274

How's this customer's fault? Apparently when buying Asus products, we should treat the vendors as Sweet Shops and ask if it is 'fresh' or not .
I don't understand what they're saying there? They say first warranty can be offered until system end date September 5, but then at the end it says warranty end date October 2024?

What is going on at ASUS !!! :mad:
My new motherboard, bought in Aug 22, ( mfd Oct 21 ) is poised to loose 10 months of warranty. Reason "DELAY SOLD".

View attachment 145274

How's this customer's fault? Apparently when buying Asus products, we should treat the vendors as Sweet Shops and ask if it is 'fresh' or not .
Serial Number Missing / Serial Miss-match / Delay Sold etc. etc. what buyer thinks is mistake or typo from seller but it is NOT .... this is the reason, getting Good Deals online

before 2005 I also came across with such practice from OFFLINE SELLERS too, when bought VIP GOLD PSU for LOWER PRICE then prevailing market price at that time, but after purchase I came to know that the stock was lying unsold with seller for 6 months and so seller sold at low price with 30 months warranty (while original warranty was for 36 months).

Will tagging Asus India help here, it should, no harm trying.
Twitter always work so...
It's a lost cause believe me, I used twitter, consumer complaint forum everything and what not for my asus rx 570 close to a year ago now, got in touch with an "engineer" who ignored me after having spoken to him twice and sent him all evidence via whatsapp and the consumer helpline/complaint closed my complaint (which was a good 2 paras long) over one simple single line reply from asus. An absolute headache and waste of time. Next time I have to ever purchase a pc part, I'll only buy from the brands that are exclusively PC components and don't deal with other hardware, support is a pain since all they know is laptops and nothing but laptops.

Serial Number Missing / Serial Miss-match / Delay Sold etc. etc. what buyer thinks is mistake or typo from seller but it is NOT .... this is the reason, getting Good Deals online

before 2005 I also came across with such practice from OFFLINE SELLERS too, when bought VIP GOLD PSU for LOWER PRICE then prevailing market price at that time, but after purchase I came to know that the stock was lying unsold with seller for 6 months and so seller sold at low price with 30 months warranty (while original warranty was for 36 months).
This is something I was not aware of. Guess its a lesson learnt then.
Only catch in this case .. there was no mention of lapsed warranty

This is a quite common issue at e-commerce portals like amazon and Flipkart.

Issue 1:
Amazon doesn't have a serial number system for maximum products. After multiple cases were raised in 2019, they started to put serial numbers in a few categories like processors, routers, monitors, and other high-value products. Still, Amazon doesn't ask for serial numbers when we process the keyboard, mouse, SSD, pen drive, etc.

Issue 2: Amazon still hasn't any process to stop the fake seller or bad sellers. If a seller can produce a purchase invoice of 10 to 20 units of a particular brand, amazon will allow that seller to sell from their platform. Amazon only needs profit from seller fees, that's it. So it's very difficult to understand whether the seller will sell the genuine product ((Indian purchase, current product) or not. All the major sellers and authorized sellers have opened their own eCommerce platforms. Also, maximum Brands started where to buy section on their website, and from there you can easily choose the trusted seller.

Issue 3: As an authorized seller, we have to inform the respective brand, if their product is not sold within 6 months from the purchase date from the distributor. After that brand will take a call to liquidate those units by providing an additional discount or giving us a warranty extension. Based on that we start selling those products as brand new. If after that certain period also the product is not sold, we have to sell those as lesser warranty products on social media or forums.

Request all the forum members, please purchase from the direct seller website, also always read their return and refund policy before purchase. Like nationalpc.in has started COD, 15 days replacement/return/refund policy (if the product is damaged or not working).

Back