ASUS working on GeForce RTX 3070 with Noctua cooling solution

if I see the trend on how people are buying 1L+ card, this makes more sense.

And if you visit Reddit or elsewhere on Forums - you will see people are commenting about heating issue especially on RTX 30XX cards, this will provide those people with good experience.

I myself modded my GPUs in the past for better experience and those modded GPUs gave better performance.

Here's a thought. Why don't they make cards wider to instead of just longer. 2x140mm fans should do the trick. Almost everyone who want to fit long cards has the extra 20mm to fit wider cards
Is there something like a list of desired features for this, where we can suggest?

Is there something like a list of desired features for this, where we can suggest?

Not sure about that. Lot's of peeps in the SFFPC community de-shroud their GPUs (Take the plastic off) and then add additional fans for better cooling. But till people keep paying for RGBling and don;t demand better cooling we won't see anything revolutionary

I really think there should be a standard GPU layout so that AIO cooling can be added without much hassle.

If thats not possible at least there should be a custom heat spreader plate for each card which covers the VRMs,MOSFETs etc. and the other side should be standard layout for a AIO.

If you look at the temps people are getting with a NZXT Kraken G12+240 mm AIO are insane. CPUs top out at like 250W for Intel i9 models but the heavyweight GPUs nowadays pull a ton of power. So I don't know why the industry is not moving in that direction.

Not sure about that. Lot's of peeps in the SFFPC community de-shroud their GPUs (Take the plastic off) and then add additional fans for better cooling. But till people keep paying for RGBling and don;t demand better cooling we won't see anything revolutionary

I have done it in much simpler way, doesn't require modding the GPU (remember in India, we don't have right to repair option). Though I modded my GTX960 the same method of replacing the plastic casing with fan and zip tied 2x120mm fans.

Here is the revised approach

IMG_20210810_195042.jpg

80mm fans bracket with PCIE support (fix it the same way as other GPU or PCIE components gets attached).

IMG_20210810_195046.jpg

120mm one (2x120mm)

IMG_20210810_195054.jpg

140mm one (tested with 1080Ti FTW3)

All these are 3D Printed parts and only require Fans and Y-Splitter to run.

For RGBing, there are options available - like I bought Deepcool Blue LED Fans 80mm to bring the effects ;)

I have done it in much simpler way, doesn't require modding the GPU (remember in India, we don't have right to repair option). Though I modded my GTX960 the same method of replacing the plastic casing with fan and zip tied 2x120mm fans.

View attachment 111265

80mm fans bracket with PCIE support (fix it the same way as other GPU or PCIE components gets attached).

View attachment 111269
120mm one (2x120mm)

View attachment 111270

For RGBing, there are options available - like I bought Deepcool Blue LED Fans 80mm to bring the effects ;)

Do you have your own 3D printer or got them commissioned by someone else?

View attachment 111265

View attachment 111269
120mm one (2x120mm)

View attachment 111270

Nice stuff!!!

Need bigger heatsink aslo though and a good way of exhausting the hot air away from the gpu and not just blasting it everywhere

View attachment 111265

View attachment 111269
120mm one (2x120mm)

View attachment 111270

Do you have your own 3d printer or ordered the parts from some site?

Do you have your own 3d printer or ordered the parts from some site?
I do have 3D Printer

Perfecting the prints, if you look closely the finishing varies in those 3 models and thats what currently being worked on.
Need bigger heatsink aslo though and a good way of exhausting the hot air away from the gpu and not just blasting it everywhere
I have handled this with exhaust (80mm fan) outside the PCIE section of cabinet with pull config and currently working on blower from the front side to have dedicated channels of Air pushed into Processor & GPU separately.

Let me build this blower and post better pics.

I do have 3D Printer

Perfecting the prints, if you look closely the finishing varies in those 3 models and thats what currently being worked on.

I have handled this with exhaust (80mm fan) outside the PCIE section of cabinet with pull config and currently working on blower from the front side to have dedicated channels of Air pushed into Processor & GPU separately.

Let me build this blower and post better pics.
Which model are you using and is the material used for printing easily available now?

I will wait for updates on blower.

Back