Less than 10K asus Zen Phone 5, a good buy at 8k(flipkart)

hi everyone,
i am looking a mobile in the above budget, just saw, flipkart is selling zen phone 5 at 8k. is this a good option? budget can b extended to 10k for better camera and display.
regards, amit.

redmi 1s and zenfone i have both in family.. zenfone is definately a premium lookung phone. and redmi on the other hand is a phone to play with. it is having so much dev support and all. many custom roms. but i prefer zenfone over redmi. i only use phone for calls texts and casual browsing.
but beware these both phones doesnt impress on the battery life front.[DOUBLEPOST=1423498672][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bought one myself and received it yesterday. Seems like a good phone. Excellent value for money as far as the specs go. Did not even bother with YU. The flash sale thing is a scam IMO (or maybe its a case of sour grapes :p ).
its not a scam though... yu is a gud phone. but it is being provided by micromax.. that alone was the deal breaker for me. sumhow i cant get myself to like any chines fone. i am a hypocrite.. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1423498754][/DOUBLEPOST]one more thiing about zenfone is its zenui.. its nice and unique.

Last edited:
redmi 1s and zenfone i have both in family.. zenfone is definately a premium lookung phone. and redmi on the other hand is a phone to play with. it is having so much dev support and all. many custom roms. but i prefer zenfone over redmi. i only use phone for calls texts and casual browsing.
but beware these both phones doesnt impress on the battery life front.[DOUBLEPOST=1423498672][/DOUBLEPOST]
its not a scam though... yu is a gud phone. but it is being provided by micromax.. that alone was the deal breaker for me. sumhow i cant get myself to like any chines fone. i am a hypocrite.. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1423498754][/DOUBLEPOST]one more thiing about zenfone is its zenui.. its nice and unique.

thanks!
the friend would also be using the phone for just calling and MAY BE some browsing. he will be a first-timer for android/smartphone. do you know any phone with a better battery back-up? lenovo a6000 comes to mind, though it just has a marginally better battery.

You may wanna check out Xolo Omega 5.5 (having 13mp Sony exmor RS sensor, same as Xiomi MI4, 5.5 inch screen), can buy from ebay for 7.8k with ebay coupons. I have ordered one yesterday, but waiting for delivery. Online review are there for its smaller cousin Omega 5.0..

The Zenfone 5 is a really good phone for the budget. One thing to keep in mind is the screen. Drop it once and it breaks. It's that sensitive. Replacements are hard to come by too.
Don't forget the battery. It drains out too quickly imo. I used a friend's Zenfone 5. 10% something in <5 hrs lol. But camera is good and the phone itself is good (if you can trust my one day of usage experience). My only problem with it was the battery issue.

Last edited:
Yes battery drains.. i get around around 17-18 hrs standby with 3-3:30 hrs screen on tym with some camera and whatsapp and internet surfing on wifi and one or two short sessions of hill climb ~20 mins. And of course calling.

Back