Asus (Zenfone) 8Z Launch on 28th Feb

42999!!! wtf is this pricing. Its not even a newly launched model lmao.
WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO BUY THIS AT 42999???
Those who think this is a really good phone because it has some flagship SoC which is, as usual, they are never going to utilise anywhere near its potential. The phone also has a really average camera, making that price absolutely bonkers. They should have made the announcement on 1st April, the only way this pricing would have made some sense.

Those who think this is a really good phone because it has some flagship SoC which is, as usual, they are never going to utilise anywhere near its potential. The phone also has a really average camera, making that price absolutely bonkers. They should have made the announcement on 1st April, the only way this pricing would have made some sense.
Do you have the phone to back up your claims about the camera?

I just realized that this is the 128GB storage model. 128GB with no expandable storage for 42999rs...
The Office Lol GIF

This should have released last year.
Should have had expandable storage option & hybrid sim or e-sim.

This comes a bit too late and way too expensive.

Their best bet was to challenge Pixel 4a, SE2020 & S20FE and make the pricing 29,999!

This should have released last year.
Should have had expandable storage option & hybrid sim or e-sim.

This comes a bit too late and way too expensive.

Their best bet was to challenge Pixel 4a, SE2020 & S20FE and make the pricing 29,999!
SE 2020 should be priced at 20k. One is paying for the chip and nothing else in that phone.
Pixel 4a: Paying for camera, severely overpriced.
S20 FE: fairly priced for a "Samsung" device. Mi11x comes nearly to 25k, 21k with exchange.

SE 2020 and Pixel 4a pricings are themselves a challenge for them.
But yes, asus would have eaten into s20 fe sales at 30k.

SE 2020 should be priced at 20k. One is paying for the chip and nothing else in that phone.
Pixel 4a: Paying for camera, severely overpriced.
S20 FE: fairly priced for a "Samsung" device. Mi11x comes nearly to 25k, 21k with exchange.

SE 2020 and Pixel 4a pricings are themselves a challenge for them.
But yes, asus would have eaten into s20 fe sales at 30k.

precisely.

SE2020 is definitely overpriced for what you get in the device!

Honestly, I would like for someone to make a Blackberry-ish protected device in the format of a Nokia E90!

Asus promises 2 years of updates for the Zenfone series and since this one's being launched a year late, would the Indian variant get only one year of updates?

Asus promises 2 years of updates for the Zenfone series and since this one's being launched a year late, would the Indian variant get only one year of updates?
Yes, android 13 should be last, same as S20 FE 5G, but S20 FE 5G started at android 10 vs android 11 for 8z.

I would've really considered it had they released the 16GB / 256GB or even the 8GB / 256GB variant. No manufacturer seems to release phones with decent amount of storage in India. Have been using Poco F1 for the last 2 years. The 8GB / 256GB variant was a steal at the sale prices of 17k at the time and it has really spoiled me in that regard. Every phone I see, looks like a downgrade from what I am currently using and given the amazing custom rom community that came up due to its price to performance, in a way it still gets software updates.

Zenfone 8 / Asus 8z has a decent custom rom development as well, but I am really disappointed with the pricing and storage options available in India. I considered importing but that is off the cards as well, mainly due to stock issues. I am happy that Asus has still stuck around with the headphone jack and somewhat easy custom rom scene, but those are simply not enough for me to make the plunge yet. Hoping there will be a new option available in the future or Pixel 6a comes to India with sensible feature set. I really miss Sony, HTC and LG.

Yes, android 13 should be last, same as S20 FE 5G, but S20 FE 5G started at android 10 vs android 11 for 8z.
Was browsing through Twitter and came across this -
IMG_20220305_001845.jpg

I think they really should do a proper announcement of the android updates that will be supported. Would help a lot of potential buyers like me who are on the fence.

I would've really considered it had they released the 16GB / 256GB or even the 8GB / 256GB variant. No manufacturer seems to release phones with decent amount of storage in India. Have been using Poco F1 for the last 2 years. The 8GB / 256GB variant was a steal at the sale prices of 17k at the time and it has really spoiled me in that regard. Every phone I see, looks like a downgrade from what I am currently using and given the amazing custom rom community that came up due to its price to performance, in a way it still gets software updates.

Zenfone 8 / Asus 8z has a decent custom rom development as well, but I am really disappointed with the pricing and storage options available in India. I considered importing but that is off the cards as well, mainly due to stock issues. I am happy that Asus has still stuck around with the headphone jack and somewhat easy custom rom scene, but those are simply not enough for me to make the plunge yet. Hoping there will be a new option available in the future or Pixel 6a comes to India with sensible feature set. I really miss Sony, HTC and LG.
Yes they are not releasing higher storage versions and most mobile models these days are without expendable storage.
This 8z is without microsd card slot and just 4000 mah battery. Only thing higher is their price tag of Rs.43k. Being a fan I know their software has minimum bloat and is better than many other manufacturers.
I got 5z , 6z and was considering this as well but
They've spoiled it with their pricing, I and some guys 've still considered it if they've quoted it for 37k + some usual bank discounts. It's OK for 34-35k after discounts. Iqoo has launched Iqoo 9 SE with SD 888, 4500mAh battery and 66W charging for 31k, This is great launch price though their OS and customer support is just mediocre.

Was browsing through Twitter and came across this - View attachment 128362
I think they really should do a proper announcement of the android updates that will be supported. Would help a lot of potential buyers like me who are on the fence.
I mean, what do you expect from corporates? S20 FE 5G was also launched late here & booted android 11 in India. Asus 8z apparently still boots android 11 here, so technically it will get 2 updates. With Samsung stepping up to 4 OS updates for flagships, others have to step up as well. 4 OS updates for a phone like S21 FE makes it an exciting stuff, alas we get Exynos variant.

I mean, what do you expect from corporates? S20 FE 5G was also launched late here & booted android 11 in India. Asus 8z apparently still boots android 11 here, so technically it will get 2 updates. With Samsung stepping up to 4 OS updates for flagships, others have to step up as well. 4 OS updates for a phone like S21 FE makes it an exciting stuff, alas we get Exynos variant.
True. S21 FE is amazing if you can get your hands on the Snapdragon variant. I think the S22 comes closest to the Asus 8Z's size, which also has a Snapdragon processor (for the first time in India for the S series AFAIK?) instead of Exynos. But the price range is totally different tho, so I'm on the fence

Back