Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving away from WCDMA has resulted in dramatic improvement for my phone's battery too, with a loss of about 30% over 7-8 hours, with some browsing, WhatsApp and calling. Eagerly waiting for a ROM that fixes the loss on WCDMA networks.

Moving away from WCDMA has resulted in dramatic improvement for my phone's battery too, with a loss of about 30% over 7-8 hours, with some browsing, WhatsApp and calling. Eagerly waiting for a ROM that fixes the loss on WCDMA networks.
there is a major bug with WCDMA , as i said in 2G battery life is awesome

factory reset , wipe data and cache then wipe dalvik , did this complete routine 2 times .and flashed xda zip . exact procedure i have written also in Pantech thread that is back to GB and flashing xda ICS zip and root and CWM

If you have rooted your ICS, do you need to be unrooted to go back to GB? What is the XDA ICS zip that you are mentioning?

Flash back to GB
- Install Pantech PC Suite (If not already installed)
- Download and extract this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkdoxq7q7cw8dmj/P9070.zip
- Install P9070_Download_Tool_v3.3.exe
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78N...BFZ2dXWVU/edit
- Put your phone into SW Download mode (power off, then hold +,- and power simultaneously).
- Run the Download Tool, select pdl and flash
Dropbox users add this to your dropbox and than download , will save bandwidth of original poster for other users .
Use pdl tool to go back to GB. Root, install cwm, and factory reset plus cleaned dalvik cache. Install ics update zip and factory reset and clear cache again.

Can I go back to stock GB using the above mentioned method alone from a rooted ICS and then set mode to 2G only, upgrade to ICS using normal method provided by pantech and then root it again?

I used Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v3 for rooting ICS since I am a complete newbie in rooting

If you have rooted your ICS, do you need to be unrooted to go back to GB? What is the XDA ICS zip that you are mentioning?

Can I go back to stock GB using the above mentioned method alone from a rooted ICS and then set mode to 2G only, upgrade to ICS using normal method provided by pantech and then root it again?

I used Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v3 for rooting ICS since I am a complete newbie in rooting
No unroot required for GB

Yes steps are correct and I have done them twice
Yes you can then flash ICS but why xda is already rooted
Xda zip is in same link of ICS install of my referred to post

Just to understand this clearly, my pantech ICS is rooted. So to go back to GB unrooted rom, all I have to do is

- Install Pantech PC Suite (If not already installed)
- Download and extract this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkdoxq7q7cw8dmj/P9070.zip
- Install P9070_Download_Tool_v3.3.exe
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78N...BFZ2dXWVU/edit
- Put your phone into SW Download mode (power off, then hold +,- and power simultaneously).
- Run the Download Tool, select pdl and flash

Then I will be on stock GB rom(unrooted). Then set mode to 2G only, update to ICS after which I will have stock ICS ROM (unrooted). Then If I want, I can root it again. Please confirm. So factory reset , wipe data,cache and dalvik are required in this case?

Just to understand this clearly, my pantech ICS is rooted. So to go back to GB unrooted rom, all I have to do is

Then I will be on stock GB rom(unrooted). Then set mode to 2G only, update to ICS after which I will have stock ICS ROM (unrooted). Then If I want, I can root it again. Please confirm. So factory reset , wipe data,cache and dalvik are required in this case?
yes , you will on stock and cache and dalvik wipe cannot be done as you dont have CWM . So install GB and use Pantech ICS update for stock ICS without root and CWM .

Im ordering lots of silicone cases and screenguards from Ebay....a silicone case + screenguard will cost around 800 here and 900 on ebay !

a silicone case + screenguard + extra 8 feet USB cablewill cost around 850 here and 950 on ebay !

Ill try to get the costs down,this is jut preliminary,is there anything else u want? if we get enough people,then we can start a GO !

kuduku Have you managed to get drivers for Pantech burst working in Windows 8?
Drives are mounted fine , can do data transfer on internal and micro sd card from laptop
Panatech Pc suite doesnt work and i dont use it also . Its when you asked then i opened and checked the pc suite

Ever since i installed ICS using CWM ( external SD ) , i am getting Damaged SD card error when ever i insert the memory card i upgraded with ( havnt tried with other cards ) . Already tried formatting the card , no use . its showing fine in windows .

Any one has solution to this ?

Edit : Solved it ... formatted SD card using panasonic SDformatter . Then used a new mem card , and copied its initialization files ( LOST.DIR ) to non functional micro sd card . and then it worked fine :)

The phone i got was given to a friend of mine...

in ICS, Whenever he takes the phone.. the speaker phone is enabled by default. Anyone facing this issue??

Bought these screen guards as well - http://www.ebay.in/itm/330687730845?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 - these got delivered today from the US. My phone has not yet reached me so I can't comment if it fits the phone properly

I have measured it for you. See the pic and you will know if they are perfect fit or not. If they are perfect fit, can I request your sell me 1-2 pcs out of 6. :p

1z66nux.jpg

prime - the screenguards fit properly as per the dimensions provided by you - the phone , the day it arrives - possibly monday - as per Bluedart's tracking details - will be on sale in the market immediately. I am getting a mouth watering deal on the sony acro s which i planned to buy - as its the only logical successor to the motorola defy which i am currently using. I bought the pantech on impulse. the pantech along with the accessories purchased seperately will be on sale once i get the phone on monday.

is it worth upgrading to ics or should i jump to jellybean directly (whenever it comes in xda or on pantech site)?

i feel like a noob asking this - where do i type the *#2263#? in call menu if i type this i get some error. i'm still on gb.
how do i revert the phone to default settings? i searched for a reset option but couldn't find it.

i feel like a noob asking this - where do i type the *#2263#? in call menu if i type this i get some error. i'm still on gb.
how do i revert the phone to default settings? i searched for a reset option but couldn't find it.
Normally you just enter it in the dialer and it automatically executes (no need to hit dial or anything).
What is that code meant to do? I tried it and nothing happened. No search results for it either.

The only codes I know are *#06# for IMIE and *#*#4636#*#* for the testing menu (very useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back