Graphic Cards ATI 5770 Vs 5770 Hawk . Which is Better and Y ?????

Desecrator said:
And who gave you that piece of information? That the 667MHz RAM sticks are holding you back when explosions happen?
Ok now.. this is Confusing.. wat do u mean Desecrator ???

Is it the Card.. or The ram Sticks ...:S ????????????

jojothedragon said:
I bought the HAWK a month ago. The card is awesome, runs bfbc2 with highest settings. You can keep increasing the gfx settings in GTA EFCL and still have about 100mb to spare, runs cryis warhead in highest settings, it runs smoothly but lags during explosions because of my pathetic 677mhz rams. But its a go go.
lol I was having fps drop even with 2000mhz 6gb ram :p thats because of card only not ram . even 5850 had that . but now i have oced the card by more than 30% and there is no fps drop at 1000/1350mhz .

so for running bc2 on max without fps drop , u need atleast 5870 / gtx 480 . in rest of the scenes it runs fine though .

RoBoGhOsT said:
lol I was having fps drop even with 2000mhz 6gb ram :p thats because of card only not ram . even 5850 had that . but now i have oced the card by more than 30% and there is no fps drop at 1000/1350mhz .

so for running bc2 on max without fps drop , u need atleast 5870 / gtx 480 . in rest of the scenes it runs fine though .
O_O Bloody F U C K .. That means . i wont be able to run Crysis Warhead on highest with This card either... sad ... :'(

THEITWARES doesn't have the HAWK in stock, just inquired yesterday. I too need one.

Guys who bought it, can you please mention where you got it from. Thanks.

Sylar said:
O_O Bloody F U C K .. That means . i wont be able to run Crysis Warhead on highest with This card either... sad ... :'(
Dude, did you really think that a 5770 would let you play Crysis with all the eye candy? I hope you were kidding! :\

And please refrain from using expletives in the forum. Go by the rules.

Sylar said:

with my hd 5850 at 1920X1080 i get about 25 to 30 fps with everything at enthusiast and aa at 4x . @ 3842X1080 it goes to single digit . comes to double digit if i use gamer settings. so the HD 5770 is not gona hold on with that game....

Desecrator said:
Dude, did you really think that a 5770 would let you play Crysis with all the eye candy? I hope you were kidding! :\

And please refrain from using expletives in the forum. Go by the rules.
I wasnt Kiddin.. it was just that i thought. that Being DDR5 and 1Gb it wont lag a bit at the highest settings on the reso 12xx X xxxx..

As with my 8600Gt 512 overclocked. I played Crysis at Highest at reso 1024 with an 8X ... i got 25-27 FPS and only lagged at the Video portions... ? .. :S

Sylar said:
As with my 8600Gt 512 overclocked. I played Crysis at Highest at reso 1024 with an 8X ... i got 25-27 FPS and only lagged at the Video portions... ? .. :S
Yea and Bill Gates does my laundry.

Sylar said:
I wasnt Kiddin.. it was just that i thought. that Being DDR5 and 1Gb it wont lag a bit at the highest settings on the reso 12xx X xxxx..

This is turning out to be techboi inspired thread. :|

damn said:
I know. You also said "8x anti aliasing" and "max settings". In the disbelief I actually read it about four times over and over. How about you download the benchmark tool and post the screenshots? :rofl:
Intersting .. yea Y not... I dont hav Crysis now .. :(

I might b mistaken . bt i dont know it was playable.. and when the videos came. i coud see frames... :S

That's something that I hadn't heard in a while: That the ram sticks were holding back framerates :p

@Sylar: The 5770 is by no means a god level card, it supports all new games at very playable framerates, if you're willing to give up on some of the candy. Even with a game like DIRT2, if I turn up all settings, framerates are about 20-25fps @ 1600 X 900, not playable. But I prefer high-ish settings + mid range AA = around 55 fps, now that's what butters my toast. Go in with similar expectations and you won't be disappointed.

buddingwhizkid said:
nehru place ! smc and computer empire had them for 9500 !

got mine yesterday ! :)
Hows it... testd????

Tell tell.... :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

puppeteerX said:
That's something that I hadn't heard in a while: That the ram sticks were holding back framerates :p

@Sylar: The 5770 is by no means a god level card, it supports all new games at very playable framerates, if you're willing to give up on some of the candy. Even with a game like DIRT2, if I turn up all settings, framerates are about 20-25fps @ 1600 X 900, not playable. But I prefer high-ish settings + mid range AA = around 55 fps, now that's what butters my toast. Go in with similar expectations and you won't be disappointed.
hm....

K

Ty.. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

puppeteerX said:

Hmm.... ... k...
ty...
:)

Desecrator said:
And who gave you that piece of information? That the 667MHz RAM sticks are holding you back when explosions happen?
I just thought of it because my RAM sticks are the poorest performers in my system. It maybe because of bad optimization of the game. BC2 has better explosions than warhead and i can run bc2 with highest setting without any lags.

Back