Graphic Cards ATI Catalyst problem - Not able to open Catalyst control centre

bodmas

Adept
Friends,
I am using Windows XP and i am unable to open ATI Catalyst control centre. I tried to install the latest version of the Catalyst but i am unable to open program. Please guide me!

Use advance un-install feature of revo-uninstaller and remove all old settings of ATI Gpu drivers. Download latest and install it. Never update drivers, always uninstall old one and install new.

comp@ddict said:
who says that???

I've always updated drivers till today since the past how many years.. but it never gave me any problem??

ATi 'suggests' that.

even i always upgrade and haven't faced any issue yet.. but issues maybe random..thus the suggestion to do so.

anyways..
as for the topic..
open deice manager and check if your gpu drives has any exclamatory sign over it... if that is the case then you need to uninstall and reinstall drivers..

on same topic...did you flash the gpu vga bios beyond limits or something?? because that too will result into the same issue.

Regarding XP the overlay without uninstallation does not work. It is recommended to uninstall, and mount the new release. For Win7 just an upgrade is decent. Use the Driver Sweeper + CCLeaner Method. You should be fine. Let me know. Down load 10.4a from the sticky.

asingh said:
Regarding XP the overlay without uninstallation does not work. It is recommended to uninstall, and mount the new release. For Win7 just an upgrade is decent. Use the Driver Sweeper + CCLeaner Method. You should be fine. Let me know. Down load 10.4a from the sticky.

10.4 final are officially out

its May'10 already :p

neojjjk said:
^^^ 10.4a is new & better ...

@bodmas...install net framework

err

technically those are preview drivers for 04.2010 ..that is what is to be understood from the name.

release date on that is 27.04.2010

and the final 10.4 release date is 28.04.2010..

all the changes mentioned on 10.4a are present in changelog of 10.4 final too..

as asingh pointed in that thread..it may have later release components..but that does not translate to more stable components.. the one's which were the most stable would probably be bundled in the final version.

please correct me if im missing on something about that.

^^

Logic is correct..!

The 'CORE' 3D driver version is the same. 10.4a packaging is later compared to 10.4. I stuck to 10.4a since it was stable enough and moving to 10.4 official would not make any difference, ideally vice versa should be same. Though 10.4 official would be WHQL'ed. Though 10.4x is the best release after 9.12 -- specially for the HD4xxx series.

Also regarding .NET framework, the full package comes bundled with all necessary support files. No need to install it separately.

Guys! problem solved. Proper uninstall of ATI drivers from root really works via ATI uninstall tool. Thanks to Rockfella,wraith,comp@adict,madnav,asingh,neojjk :D

Without you guys i would never been able to solve this issue.

Now, I am running 10.4 CCC with .Net Framework 4 Beta :D

Back