Graphic Cards ATI Radeon X1800 "R520" !

Sourabh

Disciple
ATi Radeon X1800 aka R520

R520 card will probably be officially known as Radeon X1800 when launched in early October. Interestingly, there are 16, 24 and 32 pipes versions but there are only 10 pieces of the 32 pipes versions exist currently. The core clock of the card is 650Mhz+ and memory at 1400Mhz. The R520 card uses 1.26ns GDDR3 memories. The 32 pipes R520 performance will exceed the GeForce 7800GTX.

Source/Image: VR-Zone

Hmm, very interesting ! X1800, so then it n00bs can think "Oh this probably is an age old nVidia card, I want 7800 !" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Anish: XI - is roman numerals for 11 :p

After the 9xxx series, came the X (ten) series. So obviously now it has to be the XI (11) series. Basic math says 11 > 7 ;)

Hey thanks guys didn't see the "XI" though it was X1... ;)

Anyways I guess that was a bad joke taken too seriously :rofl: !

Sounds cool.
x1800 ..
But as we know... 7800 > x1800.
Except maybe the r580 w/ 32 pipes.

Have to wait and watch. ATi is always SLOW!

goldenfrag said:
Sounds cool.
x1800 ..
But as we know... 7800 > x1800.
Except maybe the r580 w/ 32 pipes.

Have to wait and watch. ATi is always SLOW!
Its other way around ever since 9x00.
ATI has always been the faster one. Even highe end ATI cards like X800XTPE and X850XTPE were faster than 6800U as far as speed is concerned.

r520closeup3pu.jpg

Notice the angle of the die. Then, notice the angle of the text; specifically, notice that the text has no angle, because the kid who Photoshopped it apparently doesn't know that you can perspective-distort text in Photoshop.

Then, notice that the die is curiously a completely flat black, as though silicon has no flash-reflective properties whatsoever.

Then, notice that, despite the fact that the digicam they were using apparently can't capture the transistors surrounding the core without compression artifacts, it can capture the ultra-fine detail of "R520," which is just as small, with nearly no compression artifacts to speak of. Weird.

It's fake.

from hardocp

funkymonkey said:
Its other way around ever since 9x00.
ATI has always been the faster one. Even highe end ATI cards like X800XTPE and X850XTPE were faster than 6800U as far as speed is concerned.

benchies yes

games no

you decide which determines which card is "faster" [barring games that have particular optimisation towards a manufacturer]

Decadent_Spectre said:
benchies yes

games no

you decide which determines which card is "faster" [barring games that have particular optimisation towards a manufacturer]
Don't plan to start a war here but there's no game in which a 6800U is faster than a X800XTPE/X850XTPE other than doom 3. This assumes you are putting generous helpings of AA and AF. In fact with AA&AF, the X850XTPE performance is pretty close to 7800GT in most games.

Yep X8XX series was damn fast even in games.

The only reason for the success of 6800 series is better features(on paper) and availability compared to X8XX.

X850XTPE was the fastest card until the launch of 7800GTX.

And also SLI support.... people who could spend for the best system would buy 2 x 6800 Ultras. That definitely beat one X850 XT PE. But as a single card, the Ati's ruled.... It was SLI which proved crucial.
People who dont use SLI also bought nvidia cards telling themselves that they would use SLI in the future...

And some stupidity on Ati's part. X800 Pro and 6800GT were priced at the same level but X800 pro had only 12 pipelines while 6800GT had 16.

funkymonkey said:
Yep X8XX series was damn fast even in games.
The only reason for the success of 6800 series is better features(on paper) and availability compared to X8XX.
X850XTPE was the fastest card until the launch of 7800GTX.

don't u think main competition for 6800U was X800XT as X850XT was too late ... i think 7900 was the competition for X850XT that nvidia never launched .... anyways after using 4 nvidia chipsets and series of nvidia graphics chips i am feeling like a nvIDIOT :)

X800XT was faster, X850XT was even more faster ;)

I know that here buying ATI is just plain silly unless more companies like sapphire( from what i heard they are comming here soon ) launch their products at good prices.

I had 6800GT clocked past the ultra speed and my brother's X800XT simply blew it away in performance and i couldnt catch any difference in IQ, infact i found its AA better than that of 6800GT.

Dont underestimate ATI and R520 specially when you havent used it and its still to launch, thats all i can say ;)

I just hope it gets retail farely quickly and for good price.

Back