PC Peripherals Audigy 2 & soundcards discussion !

Something is terribly wrong over there. I guess the input is fscked up! Also look at the response. Its horrible.... It shud be a straight line. Did you feed the line out (front) to line in of ur audigy2 zs?

Chaos said:
Something is terribly wrong over there. I guess the input is fscked up! Also look at the response. Its horrible.... It shud be a straight line. Did you feed the line out (front) to line in of ur audigy2 zs?

Yes i connected the line out(the one going to speakers) to the line in.
Is my card damaged or something,now this is getting little bit scary :O .
The test was at 24 bit and 48khz

Not exactly sure... maybe ur cable is horrendously bad ;). Try 24/96 and check the output. Also I hope this is the latest version of rightmark... the older one had issues with audigy2 cards.

What the hell i checked with 24/96 and this is what i get.I am getting nearly same spectrum with 24/48 too. :S
I am using the latest version 5.5.The cable i think is the normal one that came with atp3.

The cut offs seem rather close to ideal now compared to the gently sloping curves with the original opamps. The noise floor seems much more even now with hardly any spikes. How much did those opamps cost anyway? I'm guessing not more than a couple of hundred bucks right.... Great mod ;)

No actually one of those AD8620s costs around $8-9. One of my friends had acquired dozens of them for his electronic project, so he gave a few of them to me. The value of the opamps themselves is around $45 :p considering there are 4 of them on 4 channels, and i swapped all of them.

BTW, do you just solder those op-amps onto your card ? or are there easier methods? Reason i'm asking, some of us (like me) have terrible soldering skills :p

@ crazy
if you have terrible soldering skills dont even attempt it.
better you pay 50~100 bucks / per piece (opamp) to any moderately good service centre to solder it.

blueyesdude said:
What the hell i checked with 24/96 and this is what i get.I am getting nearly same spectrum with 24/48 too. :S
I am using the latest version 5.5.The cable i think is the normal one that came with atp3.
The audigy 2 has a bad frequency respnose. So dont worry ,the graph is normal. The dynamic range, Noise level is quite high. From what i believe, you have turned on the Line-in Input signal too high.

For Benchmarking your RMAA, what you should to is, turn the Output level from the master to full, the wave volume to full, and the line-in level to zero.
Turn up RMAA, and go to adjust I/O levels, and gradually turn the line-in level slowly till the level reaches to around -3.8 decibels on both channels. Keep the sampling rates from both the control panel of the sound card, and the one from RMAA at the same Res/freq.

Then do a loopback test.

BTW have you enabled any EAX effects/equalizer or some $hit like that in the creative control panel? That could be the reason for such bad response. Audigy 2 is bad... but not that bad :p. Thats quality is worse than onboard audio.

Ok question time :bleh:

For MUSIC :

Is the Live ! 7.1 24-bit > Audigy 2 ZS ?

P.S. : A link to the mod (4 OPAMPS) and the exact part nos. of the OPAMPS used !

OK....here's a high res pic of the actual modded SBlive benched here :D try to spot the AD8620 OPAMPS :bleh:

Incase u didnt even spot it, here's a closeup :rofl:

^^ Hehe, fine I guess its too cheap to expect a non-resampling core at $40..

Ordered my SB Live ! 7.1 24-bit today, should arrive by Friday :D

Back