Audio quality N70 v/s k750i

Aditya said:
^^ Exactly.

And theres no comparison there.

I dunno how badly the N70 gets owned buy the w800i in sound quality!

Damn, how many of you take out time to read my posts?

The 'WALKMAN' label is just smart marketing by Sony. Sound quality (N70,N90 3250+ad-15) is damn well on par with w800i or even better due to tons of third party deep equalizers support that actually bring some insane quality difference in the sound and support for more audio extensions. I've tested W550 and K750i side by side with N70 and 6680. N70 was just as brilliant as the walkman phones, 6680 had a little low volume but packed almost the same clarity in the sound.

So no, N70 may end up actually owning W800 when it comes to audio. The only positive i see in W800 is the revived walkman brand which Sony just printed so that people would buy it over K750 and 30hr backup on music mode.

arnov said:
Pricewise the comparison should be between Nokia N70 and Sony Ericsson W810.
I am comparing N70 to k750i because I have the k750i cellphone and I listen to songs on it everyday. I just wanted an opinion whether N70 was better or worse or equal to k750i when it comes to audio quality.

Why would I compare N70 with W800/810 when I have heard neither? I need to know how N70 compares to the phone that I have!

And lastly, AFAIK, k750i and w800 are more or less the same phone with different branding. That is why some people have successfully flashed their k750i's to w800.

Ive heard the w550i and w800i and also the n70.
Its very interesting, each of my frnds has one or the other :p.

I heard the w800i and n70 together (On stock earphones, and default settings No 3rd party equalizer) and i could clearly notice that the w800i has better quality than that of the n70. It may just be the headphones but whatever :bleh:.

well finally today i had chance to really go and see all the phones. my cousine wanted to buy phone so went with him.

Thankfully at Anupam stationary they had open pieces to test. K750i and N70 that one customer purchased and opened there so on request we could test the sound quality.

Took offspring songs in my phone. And mind you N70 sounded beautiful compared to K750i. Its 10000% not worse than K750i. They both sounded good.

So i have to agree with params on this one, people under rate quality of N70. its very very good. Ended up with buying N70 only insted of W810 which was original plan as N70 is symbian and we both were used to symbian and EDGE was added bonus.

Aditya said:
I heard the w800i and n70 together (On stock earphones, and default settings No 3rd party equalizer) and i could clearly notice that the w800i has better quality than that of the n70. It may just be the headphones but whatever :bleh:.

I think you used the stock headphones that Nokia supplies with N70. Those aren't that good. A good quality headphones with Ad-15 adapter on N70 makes it just as good as any other dedicated Mp3 player out there. Funk's said it too :p

Funky said:
well finally today i had chance to really go and see all the phones. my cousine wanted to buy phone so went with him.
Thankfully at Anupam stationary they had open pieces to test. K750i and N70 that one customer purchased and opened there so on request we could test the sound quality.
Took offspring songs in my phone. And mind you N70 sounded beautiful compared to K750i. Its 10000% not worse than K750i. They both sounded good.
So i have to agree with params on this one, people under rate quality of N70. its very very good. Ended up with buying N70 only insted of W810 which was original plan as N70 is symbian and we both were used to symbian and EDGE was added bonus.
So what is your cousines choice Funky, and for How much did you buy it?

Guys can u tell me the gray mkt price for N70.
The current cost of k750i is 11K.

If the N70 is in reach am thinking of getting it.

Ne pics of headsets supplied with N70 and are there normal 3.5 ones
so i can use my normal earphones too.

Also wanted to know the video format playable on N70.

quad

N70 dealer price is 18.5 with warranty

however without bill it shud ne arnd 17 I guess.........

It is supplied with pop- port based normal headset........I think hs-23

If u want 3.5mm jack, either u can buy Ad-46(headset supplied with 3250)
or u can buy AD-15 adapter........

Video format playble by default is Mp4, 3GP and RM(video)

But that K750i at 11 is just 2 good a deal...

Aka summed it up nice. The pop-port headphones supplied with N70 are 'HS-3' model, and they aren't that comfortable or loud, but still pretty decent.

With ad-15 accessory (around Rs.800) you can plug any 3.5mm plug.

Also, with Smartmovie, N70 can also play Divx/AVI files.

params7

hmm Ifind HS-3 earplugs tooo big fr my ears,so they pain a lot.......

anyways is that AD-15 available in delhi?
also can u pls enquire if AD-46 is available?

fr somethn arnd 3k u can get a 2 giga mem-stick ........ I saw them at ebay India yesterday.........not sure whether they are genuine or not!

params7 said:
Ad-15 is easily available in Delhi. About Ad-46, i'll ask from the same place i got Ad-15 meanwhile PM Ice, he might know.

AD 15 is easily available but AD 46 isnt... i think i saw it in tht big showroom in South X.... didnt enquire about it though...
Unfortunatly... nokia is intrested in selling phones only in India...not providing assecories..:p

Back