Audio Audio Technica ATH-AD700 for 6k.is it a good deal?

hi,
i am looking forward to purchase a headphone.

Usage:-
1.music.
2.movies.

budget:- max 12k. anything below will be great :)

type:- over the ear.( strictly CIRCUMAURAL).

connectivity :- wire/wireless .no choice over it.(at least 2-3m cable in case of wired);

bass:- medium to high.

will connect it with onboard sound engine
will buy ASUS sonar STX in 2 months.

i can import if it is worth it.kindly suggest the best in my budget.
i surfed the whole thread and got confused

also tell,Audio Technica ATH-AD700 for 6k.is it a good deal?

Firstly is it a first hand product or 2nd hand , first hand ad700 6k awesome deal .
Your requirement says bass medium to high , let me tell you AD700 has very low bass . But overall sound detailing wise AD700 is a good headphone. Sound Isolation is bad if that is primary concern to you and sound leakage is also high.

Recently i upgraded to Denon D1100 , and w.r.t SQ and detailing i find its a good upgrade to my AD700 , sound stage is pretty good , bass is high and pretty good although it gets into the mids sometimes , instrument seperation is what is very good in the D1100 , i dont know how well it fares against the D2000 but overall i find its a headphone worth for 8900 Rs i paid for . You can get it from Flipkart

For the budget you've mentioned, I suggest you should take a look at Denon D2000, AudioTechnica A900, Beyer Dt880 or even the HD25-1 II. All of the mentioned headphones are wired in nature. They all have their forte's and are the best at what they do.

Taking into account that you will be pairing them with the Xonar STX, they will be very well driven. Out of the 4 above mentioned cans, except for the HD25-1 II, they are all circumaural. The reason I have suggested the HD25-1 II is because they are really very comfy and infact more comfy than the above mentioned cans since it is lighter in weight. The velour pads are good for long hours since they do not heat up after long use. But in the end, its your choice to decide. All 4 cans mentioned provide medium to high levels of bass quantity.

Also have a look at Sennheiser HD 598. I own one (coupled with Audinst MX1), and am pretty satisfied with the SQ. Doesn't have much bass, but I find it enough for most songs. It excels at everything else though.

I searched for a new D2000 but could not find it anywhere for even near 14-15k .a900 is not in stock right now . According to Head-Fi Denon D1100 is better than A900 . THE hd25-1 II reviews are good you can retail one for near 15k or 16k i think . The Beyerdynamic DT 880 also retail for a similar price . D2000 all were USA imports on ebay for 20k +

Firstly is it a first hand product or 2nd hand , first hand ad700 6k awesome deal .
Your requirement says bass medium to high , let me tell you AD700 has very low bass . But overall sound detailing wise AD700 is a good headphone. Sound Isolation is bad if that is primary concern to you and sound leakage is also high.

Recently i upgraded to Denon D1100 , and w.r.t SQ and detailing i find its a good upgrade to my AD700 , sound stage is pretty good , bass is high and pretty good although it gets into the mids sometimes , instrument seperation is what is very good in the D1100 , i dont know how well it fares against the D2000 but overall i find its a headphone worth for 8900 Rs i paid for . You can get it from Flipkart

new for 6k ATH-AD700.
i am considering Denon D1100 they fits my budget and specs are also good.thanks for your suggestion.

You can check for its reviews on head-fi , i found it perfectly matching the reviews w.r.t SQ and detailing , plus there is a considerably difference after burn-in as well.

For the budget you've mentioned, I suggest you should take a look at Denon D2000, AudioTechnica A900, Beyer Dt880 or even the HD25-1 II. All of the mentioned headphones are wired in nature. They all have their forte's and are the best at what they do.

Taking into account that you will be pairing them with the Xonar STX, they will be very well driven. Out of the 4 above mentioned cans, except for the HD25-1 II, they are all circumaural. The reason I have suggested the HD25-1 II is because they are really very comfy and infact more comfy than the above mentioned cans since it is lighter in weight. The velour pads are good for long hours since they do not heat up after long use. But in the end, its your choice to decide. All 4 cans mentioned provide medium to high levels of bass quantity.

thanks for your advise.i checked and Denon AD2000 are available for 24k on emay .even on Amazon j&R music they are 344$.so,out of my budget.
HD25-1 II are binaural.i have tried on-ear headphones before and it starts to hurt my ears in 1 hour or less.so i am strictly up for circumaural cups only.
[h=1][/h]i would like to know more about audio technica ATH A900x /a900.if you have experienced them please enlighten me with various aspects of it.

i checked Beyer Dt880 on amazon and couldn't understand why it has so high impedance and what is its effect on SQ.throw some light on it.i googled it and found various answers that confused me instead of simplifying it.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Also have a look at Sennheiser HD 598. I own one (coupled with Audinst MX1), and am pretty satisfied with the SQ. Doesn't have much bass, but I find it enough for most songs. It excels at everything else though.

HD598 is my last option for 14k.if i didn't find anything in my budget,i will go for it. :)

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I searched for a new D2000 but could not find it anywhere for even near 14-15k .a900 is not in stock right now . According to Head-Fi Denon D1100 is better than A900 . THE hd25-1 II reviews are good you can retail one for near 15k or 16k i think . The Beyerdynamic DT 880 also retail for a similar price . D2000 all were USA imports on ebay for 20k +

correct.
+1 for all the information.and thanks for researching it for me. :)

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

@fLUX

how about new audio technica ATH-AD700X and ATH-AD900X. any idea how are they compared to Denon 1100?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

You can check for its reviews on head-fi , i found it perfectly matching the reviews w.r.t SQ and detailing , plus there is a considerably difference after burn-in as well.
i read many reviews ....all says it is very fragile?
what you say about its durability?

The D1100 do not have the best build for the price you pay , but are not very fragile ... if handled properly i doubt it will have any issues.

Initially very harsh treble becomes proper after burn-in , bass settles down really well after burn-in ... soundstage remains almost the same maybe slightly better but personally could make out a big difference . Overall SQ wise worth 8k+ i would say

Back