Audio-Technica Headphones- T200, T500 , M20,M35 , AD300, AD500, AD700, A900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, cash deposit payment made for 1 unit Audio-Technica ATH-AD700. Please check PM for further shipping details. Have also sent a PM earlier with address details. :) send fast... glee..

hey guys, have finally received my headphones.. but i will have to wait till get back home from work.. :mad:.. .. thanks for the prompt response PristineNote. :) Though i think for smaller cities you may consider using some courier service other than Aramex, coz they dont seem to have a reach in a lot of small cities. I talked to them and they told me that for Vadodara, they handed over the shipment to a third party in the city. I believe in this matter, BlueDart, Maruti Courier. etc are much better..

My city is small, but still its an industrial city, quite well developed and all the major couriers have their offices here.. FedEx, BlueDart, Maruti Couriers, Professional Couriers, First Flight Couriers and lots of others.. who deliver to cities in gujarat from mumbai the very next day or max the day after tomorrow.. thanks..

puneetritehere said:
@Pristinenote. .was trying to leave feedback . but there is some unmentioned error.. dont know whats the problem..

I tried too - probably because his rating count score maxed out at 99. A job for the Mods to fix.

Received my T500 today :)

Do these require burn in? Out of the box, I feel the bass is lower than my open ended Philips SHP2700.

sriharsha_m said:
Received my T500 today :)

Do these require burn in? Out of the box, I feel the bass is lower than my open ended Philips SHP2700.

hmm. .i bought my AD-700's a few days back.. i dont think they really need any specific burn in.. it just maybe what i noticed, that these headphones are not unnecessarily bass heavy.... they produce bass in songs which actually have strong bass frequencies. . dont think they're not capable of good bass. try playing some heavy trance or psychedelic music on them. am sure you will like the bass. ..eg.. try playing something from DJ skazi.. or any other bass heavy techno..

^ Thank You for the information. Would also like to add that , the bass can vary depending on the quality of music files. A 320 kbps or FLAC file will produce more accurate and controlled bass compared to a low quality file.

Burn-in may or may not help , it can vary from headphone to headphone . The best way is to let the headphones burn-in naturally . You might notice subtle changes after ~50-75 hours of usage.

PristineNote said:
A 320 kbps or FLAC file will produce more accurate and controlled bass compared to a low quality file.

Burn-in may or may not help , it can vary from headphone to headphone . The best way is to let the headphones burn-in naturally . You might notice subtle changes after ~50-75 hours of usage.

very true. .. i did notice a lot of difference in bass quality between low quality mp3 files, high quality 320 kbps and flac files.. though the difference between 320 kbps mp3s and flacs was quite minimal .. you need to rewind and play and rewind and play and concentrate to be able to hear a very slight difference in the tightness of the bass.. or even that might have been psychotic.. i dont know.. but the difference. between a 128 kbps and 320 kbps and Flac file was pretty evident..

i did notice subtle changes after say about 15 hrs of listening. though i am not sure whether its for the better or worse.. need to spend some more time comparing..

@pristinenote: hey guys. the impedance of the AD700s is only 32 ohms. and i am playing through my laptop.. do you think an amp. is gonna make any significant difference..if not in the highs, maybe the lows??

and if it will, whats my best option if my only criteria is to find the cheapest decent option..

And one more thing, what do you think will be the best option for earphones. (not airtight ear canals, i am strictly anti-earcanal earphones.. ). earphones with sponge padding.. within a budget of 1K max.. no more at all.. do you stock these kind of earphones??? need one for bedtime listening. the AD700's i bought from you are pretty good, but as i am a little too over cautious about my things, i cant relax while using my headphones lying down on the bed..

^ An amp wont add much to the AD700 but a good source/ sound card will make a lot of difference. Asus DG/DX (internal soundcards ) or Fiio E7 / E10 DACs(external soundcard with built in amplifiers ) will be a very good add on to the AD700 and provide much better sound quality compared to your onboard laptop.

We have the Asus cards as well as Fiio line up with us . PM us for a quote :) .
Regarding the earphones, currently the only earphone we carry are the Audio Technica ear buds .They are very comfortable and sound pretty good .The price is also low. Please check the below thread.

http://www.techenclave.com/pristinenote/audio-technica-portables-earbuds-iems-sports-204522.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back