Audio upgrades :)... or almost :|

sarang said:
Congozz sTALKEr!

Thats one nice pair o wheels you got there. I am also planning to join the cycling bandwagon soon!

You should! It's awesome fun when you don't think of it as a means of reaching from point A to point B :)

Sadly, it also made me realize how completely out of shape I am :( I've sort of managed to kill my knees :ashamed:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Nice stuff indeed. :D

What to say but- "Kauwaa chalaey hans ki chaal." :p

wtf :S

stalker said:
Dunno why you are crying so much about traffic :p

It's not really soo bad. I used to ride a bicycle back when I was home as well. In peak traffic it is just the same as driving a scooty or something :p At other times, no issues :)

I've never rode a bicycle in my life ever :lol: That said i prefer to walk if i have to go within a 2 km radius hehe.

Congrats :p
And thanks for posting about bikesdirect; I am in the market for something very similar, on a similar budget.

Edit:
Did you order a toolkit too?
How easy is assembly?
I sure am looking forward to it :)

Edit Edit:
How did you get BCB, the store is not listed :huh:

stellarhopper said:
Congrats :p
And thanks for posting about bikesdirect; I am in the market for something very similar, on a similar budget.

Edit:
Did you order a toolkit too?
How easy is assembly?
I sure am looking forward to it :)

Edit Edit:
How did you get BCB, the store is not listed :huh:

BCB through chicabike (A seller on ebay).

Even if you do decide to go the bikesdirect way, I would suggest that you walk into a few bike stores and try a few random brands. It'll help you get a grip on what size fits you (Apparently fitting is a super important thingy).

You should also check out forums.mtbr.com They have a pretty active beginner forum with good advice being doled out.

The assembly is not much of a big deal. I purchased two allen keys and a wrench from my local hardware store (10bucks).

I have a friend here at work who helped me get the brakes and derailleur tuned. If you have a friend into bikes, I would suggest you take his help. Else, you could always walk into a bike store and ask them to put it together and tune it for you. Should cost you between 25 & 45 bucks.

Also, take a look at the Forge Sawback 5xx. It's another very VFM bike sold through the target online store. Again, you can't try it out in a store. It's a bit more expensive when compared to what I picked up though.

stalker said:
BCB through chicabike (A seller on ebay).

Even if you do decide to go the bikesdirect way, I would suggest that you walk into a few bike stores and try a few random brands. It'll help you get a grip on what size fits you (Apparently fitting is a super important thingy).

You should also check out forums.mtbr.com They have a pretty active beginner forum with good advice being doled out.

The assembly is not much of a big deal. I purchased two allen keys and a wrench from my local hardware store (10bucks).

I have a friend here at work who helped me get the brakes and derailleur tuned. If you have a friend into bikes, I would suggest you take his help. Else, you could always walk into a bike store and ask them to put it together and tune it for you. Should cost you between 25 & 45 bucks.

Also, take a look at the Forge Sawback 5xx. It's another very VFM bike sold through the target online store. Again, you can't try it out in a store. It's a bit more expensive when compared to what I picked up though.

Awesome, thanks for all the tips, will keep in mind.
I had tried out a few bikes, almost made up my mind to pick one up from a store here for like 200 bucks, but never got around to it and then the snow season started :p
No that it is starting to get sunnier, I should pick one up soon.

Back