Audiophile 2496 coming soon :P

RiO

Skilled
M-AUDIO Audiophile 2496

4-In/4-Out Audio Card with MIDI and Digital I/O

audiophile24964fh.jpg

Cost: $99 shipped in the US (+whatever I spend to ship to India :))

Should arrive in a week or so... next step is to get a decent pair of studio monitors, probably the M-AUDIO StudioPro 3.

I don't have first hand experience with either of the cards, however, two friends who are recording musicians use M-AUDIO products and swear by it. I originally wanted the Delta 44 but that lacks MIDI which I will require in a few months.

Promusic and Sudeepaudio also recommend M-AUDIO, but that's because they're M-AUDIO dealers :D Btw, they're selling the same card for 7250 + tax.

Alright, the card finally arrived with a couple other goodies today... and this time, no friggin customs duty was levied on my package :p

Here's a pic of the goodies:

img1245rd7.jpg

Got a Logitech MX310 mouse as well because I don't know when the Razer DB will crap-out on me again... oh and that other cable is a 21 foot Monster Standard 100 performance instrument cable for guitar :D

EDIT: And shrey, before you ask: yes, that's the bedspread part of my bedroom's jungle theme this month :rofl:

Always Fedex - fast and highly reliable :) Paid $40 for 3-day shipping on the mouse, monster cable, soundcard and a book for my wife... btw, that's $40 after a 75% discount :D Box was pretty large and weighed in at 6 lbs.

I'm not spending 30k for it... if E6600 turns out to be 20k in India, I'll add 5k and get the E6700 from the US. For now, looks like E6600 will be more like 17k so let's hope it is :)

Back