Audio Audiophile and gears

Any particular reason for the ban.. stepping over the toes of moderators perhaps?
He lives in Kolkata apparently. So he was making up a lot of the things he was saying. It has been discussed in the other thread which is now locked. (The one about his childhood friend)
Also, I don't know where people have gotten the impression that TE mods are bad or have a personal agenda. This is still one of the least strictly moderated forums I've come across and almost everything is allowed to be discussed over here as long as people remain civil. Hell, they even allow discussions to get a little out of hand thinking members will get back on track with least intervention and threads on get locked very rarely.

He lives in Kolkata apparently. So he was making up a lot of the things he was saying. It has been discussed in the other thread which is now locked. (The one about his childhood friend)
Also, I don't know where people have gotten the impression that TE mods are bad or have a personal agenda. This is still one of the least strictly moderated forums I've come across and almost everything is allowed to be discussed over here as long as people remain civil. Hell, they even allow discussions to get a little out of hand thinking members will get back on track with least intervention and threads on get locked very rarely.
I haven't said anything about mods, who said they are bad? I genuinely think most mods sleep over here or doesn't perform their rightful duty as most of time out of topic/irrelevant discussion takes place. People bringing politics (I hate it on a tech forum) everywhere. Some old members regularly thrash mods here and there. Never seen it anywhere else. In fact I feel mods are good here and some people take advantage of it.

Coming to the topic, I am sure he will be missed here especially in this thread. I don't care what he does in his real life as long as it doesn't affect me in any means. It may affect others who are into chit-chat and stuff though which unfortunately are a majority here. Thankfully I am least bothered by it, maybe mods should remove the section of general talk completely. Either create a thread/participate on tech topics (I also include audio in tech as well) or get lost. It will be easier for everyone here or else this place will become like facebook one day.

Last edited:
I haven't said anything about mods, who said they are bad? I genuinely think most mods sleep over here or doesn't perform their rightful duty as most of time out of topic/irrelevant discussion takes place. People bringing politics (I hate it on a tech forum) everywhere. Some old members regularly thrash mods here and there. Never seen it anywhere else. In fact I feel mods are good here and some people take advantage of it.

Coming to the topic, I am sure he will be missed here especially in this thread. I don't care what he does in his real life as long as it doesn't affect me in any means. It may affect others who are into chit-chat and stuff though which unfortunately are a majority here. Thankfully I am least bothered by it, maybe mods should remove the section of general talk completely. Either create a thread/participate on tech topics (I also include audio in tech as well) or get lost. It will be easier for everyone here or else this place will become like facebook one day.
Sorry. I feel the opposite. Plus, no one forces anyone to go and participate in the General Talk section. It is a whole other section which one can ignore completely.
Also,if a guy is lying then how do you know if his advice related to audio gear is correct as well. He posted the pic of his headphone collection in this very thread which isn't his. So when he tells you his experience of those headphones, how do you know it's true. The guy whose pic that is categorically denied that those headphones belonged to this guy and he had taken that picture in his basement, which is what happened according to Red Dragon.

P.S. - You can ask for his personal number from @nRiTeCh and get in touch with him if you feel the need to.

Last edited:
Sorry. I feel the opposite. Plus, no one forces anyone to go and participate in the General Talk section. It is a whole other section which one can ignore completely.
Also,if a guy is lying then how do you know if his advice related to audio gear is correct as well. He posted the pic of his headphone collection in this very thread which isn't his. So when he tells you his experience of those headphones, how do you know it's true. The guy whose pic that is categorically denied that those headphones belonged to this guy and he had taken that picture in his basement, which is what happened according to Red Dragon.

P.S. - You can ask for his personal number from @nRiTeCh and get in touch with him if you feel the need to.

I found the photograph he posted supposedly showing "his" headphone collection actually posted on an article here:

How to Make All Headphones Intelligent - Rutgers University

The image was completely ripped off that article above. This along with a lot of other facts he mentioned in this thread (his personal details, him contacting composer Pritam Chakraborty - who happens to be from the School I was in, his own wife's name) are all mostly all lies.

Last edited:
OMG.....Can't believe just what I read here - All are fake !!!

Completed reading his last created thread conversation with TE Mod....

My God all his facts about the upcoming second kid, His wife's Tesla, Six Dogs, His 5 Lakh Rupees HifiMan SUSVARA - All just Lie.

Shocked to the core.

---- One thing I find quite strange when he landed in Kolkata in pick second wave he wrote the weather is beautiful, back then the Kolkata was farness with pick summer and he never complains about hot - humid weather, Not a single peep, It is very strange for a person who left India for long and permanently resides in EU countries.

Anyhow did he have any social presents like Facebook or Instagram account? His real picture?

Does anybody know his Head-Fi ID?

Last edited:
Check hifivision, Headphone Zone used section and this Fb group. If you're looking for portable amp I have a old fiio A5 for sale.
Looking for desktop. I am seeing drop thx aaa one on sale also on drop.com
Hpz’s preowned section. A month ago I sold my zen can via there.
if you’re on facebook, you can join in PLGS (moderated by HPZ) and another forum ( I forgot the name, operated by hifinage).
Can I ask how much u sold Zen can for?

Can we get AC adapters locally? I'm thinking of getting an O2 amp or schiit from USA and was wondering where I can get adapters with 16V AC output

Can we get AC adapters locally? I'm thinking of getting an O2 amp or schiit from USA and was wondering where I can get adapters with 16V AC output
yes we can try locally for different outputs, but if some odd config is required than it may be hard to search.
better is to look for adapter first with required rating.

Has anyone here tried the QKZ VK4? Thinking of getting these or the BL03, but don't want to spend on anything apart from the earphones themselves (no extra buds or cables etc).

Has anyone here tried the QKZ VK4? Thinking of getting these or the BL03, but don't want to spend on anything apart from the earphones themselves (no extra buds or cables etc).
Haven't used the VK4. But, been using the BLON03 for almost a year.

Between that and the BLON03, I'd whole-heartedly suggest the BLON03. This is because the VK4 suffers from QC issues. Crinacle explains this issue with the VK4 in this video:

So, unless you're getting the VK4 from a Indian audio store that support replacements/returns, get the BLON03. The QC on the BLONs is miles better (always opt for the silver one though).

All I could find was Step down transformers available online for AC to AC conversion. Most of the adaptors and PSUs are for AC to DC conversion. One can import Triad Adaptors, but they will require a 120VAC input.

Between that and the BLON03, I'd whole-heartedly suggest the BLON03. This is because the VK4 suffers from QC issues. Crinacle explains this issue with the VK4 in this video:

So, unless you're getting the VK4 from a Indian audio store that support replacements/returns, get the BLON03. The QC on the BLONs is miles better (always opt for the silver one though).

Thanks for the reply. Basically looking for some good-looking, colourful (flashy?) buds around the ₹2k price point, and I prefer ear-hook designs over hanging ones. Already have a HE400i ver. 2020 for "serious" listening.

I'm okay with the buds not being the best sounding ones as long as they sound decent. Prefer balanced sound with a bit of bass thrown in (not a whole lot). I don't like V shaped sound signatures too much, but I'm comfortable with eq so less than good stock sound signature may not matter much if eq can help. Basically want good mids and decent bass, without overly sibilant highs, even if achieved with EQ. Will use it almost exclusively with my phone.

Currently looking at the KZ ZST (X), KZ ZST Pro X, KZ ZSN Pro, KZ EDX Pro.
Any of these which sound particularly good, or does it really not matter which I pick among these? Too many choices in this price range lol

Last edited:

Funny thing is I love my BLON03s but I never use them since I got the KaliLP6. Nothing beats speakers. BLONs on Fiio M5 when I travel definitely but never at home.

Thanks for the reply. Basically looking for some good-looking, colourful (flashy?) buds around the ₹2k price point, and I prefer ear-hook designs over hanging ones. Already have a HE400i ver. 2020 for "serious" listening.

I'm okay with the buds not being the best sounding ones as long as they sound decent. Prefer balanced sound with a bit of bass thrown in (not a whole lot). I don't like V shaped sound signatures too much, but I'm comfortable with eq so less than good stock sound signature may not matter much if eq can help. Basically want good mids and decent bass, without overly sibilant highs, even if achieved with EQ. Will use it almost exclusively with my phone.

Currently looking at the KZ ZST (X), KZ ZST Pro X, KZ ZSN Pro, KZ EDX Pro.
Any of these which sound particularly good, or does it really not matter which I pick among these? Too many choices in this price range lol
Basically want good mids and decent bass, without overly sibilant highs, even if achieved with EQ. Will use it almost exclusively with my phone.
Your requirements scream for the BLON03. I hate to sound like a broken record, but BLON has the smoothest sound signature in that 2-3K price (only rivaled by Tanchjim Tanya, but that needs more power to drive). It has a sound signature that will please everyone and I think that's what you should aim for.

The problem with KZ/CCA is that their tuning might not suit everyone. I for one feel KZ/CCA IEMs to be dry for my tastes (especially the ZSN Pro and ZST Pro X).

BLON03 will always get my vote for around 2-3K INR price because it's the safest choice out there and it's hard to go wrong. The fit can be an issue, but once you experiment with the provided eartips, you'll be okay. An instant recommendation.
Funny thing is I love my BLON03s but I never use them since I got the KaliLP6. Nothing beats speakers. BLONs on Fiio M5 when I travel definitely but never at home.
True! Hi-fi speakers are something else. I'd only spend on speakers when I'll get my own place of stay, as staying with my family limits my speaker usage at home.

Your requirements scream for the BLON03. I hate to sound like a broken record, but BLON has the smoothest sound signature in that 2-3K price (only rivaled by Tanchjim Tanya, but that needs more power to drive). It has a sound signature that will please everyone and I think that's what you should aim for.

The problem with KZ/CCA is that their tuning might not suit everyone. I for one feel KZ/CCA IEMs to be dry for my tastes (especially the ZSN Pro and ZST Pro X).

BLON03 will always get my vote for around 2-3K INR price because it's the safest choice out there and it's hard to go wrong. The fit can be an issue, but once you experiment with the provided eartips, you'll be okay. An instant recommendation.

True! Hi-fi speakers are something else. I'd only spend on speakers when I'll get my own place of stay, as staying with my family limits my speaker usage at home.
Alright then, BL03 it is. I have a few tips lying around from previous earphones so will definitely give it a chance, and the silver does look pretty good. Thanks for the reccommendation!
Ok one final confusion. How is the KB Ear Lark compared to BL-03? Cannot find nay decent comparison online, and reviews for both seem to be highly positive so a bit confused. The Lark looks much prettier too lol

Last edited:
Back