Audio Auditioning IEMs at Mumbai

W@rrier

Adept
Hey guys, I searched the forum for a similar thread, but couldnt find any, so here it is!

All of us keep on upgrading our iems regularly, although im a new member here, before knowing about all these brands i used to regularly try out sony, philips and panasonic earphones and keep on upgrading ! The thing with those earphones is that they are generally available at every shop and u dont have to visit every shop to see one in flesh, whereas Soundmagic, Meeletronics , Brainwavs and the numerous brands in the market are quite unknown outside this forum for the normal people and so not every shops keep these brands with them.
Reading another persons review and buying an iem is one thing and hearing one out and selecting ourself is another thing !
So i would like to find out where i can audition the different brands at mumbai, I went to Lamington Road to see these babies in flesh and was quite tired by the time i returned home back, but the saddest part was that i couldnt find much there after all the walking :p!
So if u guys know specific shops where we should go to check it out, Help me and the others in the forum :)

avinashwarrier said:
Hey guys, I searched the forum for a similar thread, but couldnt find any, so here it is!

All of us keep on upgrading our iems regularly, although im a new member here, before knowing about all these brands i used to regularly try out sony, philips and panasonic earphones and keep on upgrading ! The thing with those earphones is that they are generally available at every shop and u dont have to visit every shop to see one in flesh, whereas Soundmagic, Meeletronics , Brainwavs and the numerous brands in the market are quite unknown outside this forum for the normal people and so not every shops keep these brands with them.

Reading another persons review and buying an iem is one thing and hearing one out and selecting ourself is another thing !

So i would like to find out where i can audition the different brands at mumbai, I went to Lamington Road to see these babies in flesh and was quite tired by the time i returned home back, but the saddest part was that i couldnt find much there after all the walking :p!

So if u guys know specific shops where we should go to check it out, Help me and the others in the forum :)
Well,

Its Summer Time Go For a Vacation .Come To Chandigarh The Heaven For IEMS Lol

avinashwarrier said:

Make it for the Mumbai -Pune meet you can audition most of them :)

I doubt you'll find the major chunk of high end IEMs on retail in India. You can maybe check out the Sennheiser IE8 at the Sennheiser store. Otherwise, theres the internet, like always.

@ Everyone Sorry for the late reply!,

@ Metalspree

Would have loved to come for the Pune- Mumbai meet, but unfortunately came to kerala before that!

Will definitely lookout for the next meet, No better place to check out most iems i guess

@ sa_ill

Most of the shops do not have a piece which is even out of the box! and none of them are ready to do that either!

@Amarbir

Thanks for the offer , Maybe some other time :)

Ive been busy wit exams so couldn't offer you any auditions but if you are free after June 3rd week , you are most welcome to drop down at my place in Mumbai and try out as many IEMs as you like . If possible we can arrange for a mini- audio meet as well with Brendon and other local guys who are interested . :)

FaH33m said:
Ive been busy wit exams so couldn't offer you any auditions but if you are free after June 3rd week , you are most welcome to drop down at my place in Mumbai and try out as many IEMs as you like . If possible we can arrange for a mini- audio meet as well with Brendon and other local guys who are interested . :)
Wish I live in Mumbai

FaH33m said:
Thanks. Thats very kind of you Faheem, and I'd love the idea of a mini-audio meet. How bout something during the last week of June?

What about Making it to in and around Navi Mumbai? Guys from Pune and Mumbai would also find it convenient. We could arrange a nice place for auditioning. we can also try and get some sponsors to help us with the place/snacks plus some freebies and wifi internet. You will have to give us about 10 days lead time. We could offer you at least 50 IEMs for auditioning. 3rd Week of June Looks good!

@OP

thanks for starting this thread; I'm in the same boat. Looking for a new pair of high-end IEMs and need to try them before I buy anything..!

the idea of a mini-audio meet sounds brilliant

guptaji said:
@OP

thanks for starting this thread; I'm in the same boat. Looking for a new pair of high-end IEMs and need to try them before I buy anything..!

the idea of a mini-audio meet sounds brilliant
another addition to the boat :)

@ Everyone... I am totally in for it, either of the offers!!!

The problem is that I am not from Mumbai, I live at pune and i was thinking of driving from here on a Sunday!

So there is hardly anything that i can do when it comes to the arrangement:(

btw, I will also have my bro with me

How many people are ready ?

Back