Car & Bike Automatic transmission cars available in the Indian market?

raksrules

Elite
Opening a thread to discuss about the automatic car options available in the Indian market, from the cheapest to the pricier ones. I might buy a car someday and would probably go for Automatic, i just don't know when i will buy.

Also to note, AT's apart from being costlier, have lesser mileage than thier MT counterparts. But in bumper to bumper traffic, AT is a blessing.

SX4 it seems auto has been stopped. Instead DZire VXi AT is now available. Note that the AT models often lack safety equipment - ABS, Airbags - in the lower budget segments.

How much mileage difference would be there in say 2 cars for example i10 MT and i10 AT ? 2 kilometers per liter or so ?
I know AT would be less but I would be ok to sacrifice the mileage for peaceful driving.

PS: I have almost never driven manual transmisson car so I cannot judge how easy or difficult to drive in traffic.

There is a few threads on team-bhp that claim that these days AT give more mileage than MT. Nissan Micra and Sunny come to mind..
depends on mode - sport/ economy, situations like traffic, highway cruising, cruise control options, and the AT technology like CVT etc.
In small cars, expect an i10 to give 10-11, and a astar to give 14-15.

There is never a set rule with regards to the mileage you are supposed to get out of the car which you own. Everything can be termed as "on paper".

On paper, a auto should be giving comparatively lesser than its manual counter part. This would only be true if both the cars have 2 drivers with the same traits and following the same line of driving sense with the same route and having the same conditions.

Mileage depends on a lot of cumulative factors. The way you brake can also have a detrimental effect on your mileage and unless you toggle a lot with your driving style and try to find which style suits your car the most, you would be struggling to get the desired numbers.

Theoretically, Manual should be giving a better mileage only because the driver is in control of the gear changes of the car. A driver may decide to run on a higher gear which would help him save fuel due to less acceleration [Less fun]. Automatics have their own separate pre determined gear shifts.

In the pricier bracket are honda city, civic & maruti sx4. Sx4 is available in diesel & cng also.

The Civic has been discontinued since a while now.

Honda India does not have a link for the Civic in their website:

1.png

http://www.hondacarindia.com/

Would appreciate replies from people who actually own AT cars (In India) at present and mention their own experiences.

We have a i10 Auto in Blr, and it is without a doubt the best thing other than a two wheeler to manage in Blr traffic. Came in very handy recently, when it had to be driven by other family members for a month, since it is an Auto, and a very smooth one at that. Power is not lacking either for city purposes. Average efficiency is as I mentioned above, and the car has done so far 13000Km in approx 3.5 years, as majority of the family is in Mumbai, and this is an occasional drive. Maintenance is affordable as well, and the only scratch happened when I was driving it. Suspension is so-so, but then at the price range, 3.5 years ago, this was the best buy.

Would appreciate replies from people who actually own AT cars (In India) at present and mention their own experiences.
Personally own a Honda accord AT, Verna fludic AT and City ivtec MT.
Accord avg - 5
Verna(till date:12000 kms) - 13kmpl
City ivtec(new variant) - City traffic avg with a/c 12.5-13, Highway around 17

I am by no means an expert but I personally drive a Honda City S i-vtec AT daily, and it's a really good car! I can never stop appreciating the awesome feel of it. Great driving experience, great interiors and great audio system. :)

I am by no means an expert but I personally drive a Honda City S i-vtec AT daily, and it's a really good car! I can never stop appreciating the awesome feel of it. Great driving experience, great interiors and great audio system. :)
I have the S MT and d thought that maybe i should have got the AT has haunted me since a yr. Whats the avg you getting?
You have the 2012 edition right?

i have a diesel laura L&K automatic
brilliant car to drive, since its got the dsg!

automatics give you a very relaxed driving experience, compared to manuals... but please choose a gearbox which is current in terms of technology!

have the astar at ,its my wife actually and she drives on the ringroad 15kms everyday speed reaches 120-130 and fe is around 16-17kmpl, of course its free traffic :) , but its a breeze to drive ,

have the astar at ,its my wife actually and she drives on the ringroad 15kms everyday speed reaches 120-130 and fe is around 16-17kmpl, of course its free traffic :) , but its a breeze to drive ,

And Astar is probably the cheapest AT vehicle available at the moment right ?

Back