Car & Bike Automotive detailing products: source?

SunnyBoi said:
If its got slightly more oxidation, get Waxpol metal polish! One small can is 30 rupees, and it works damn damn well to get rid of rust from chrome surfaces :D and it keeps chrome rust free until it gets wet.

is it an abrasive cleaner ? ( like brasso etc)

wtf! brasso\silvo is abrasive!? argh! maintaining chrome is such a pain in the glutes! im second-guessing my upcoming choice of chrome mudguards.

greenhorn said:
is it an abrasive cleaner ? ( like brasso etc)

not abrasive on metal. eats rust and nothing else :p

One of my friends took my bike to mangalore, rode it in the sand and brought it back after 2 weeks. finally when I cleaned my siolencer, t had millions of pitting corrosion on it :mad: spent half a bottle of waxpol, finally pipe was as good as new. however have to clean with waxpol once in 3 weeks or rust starts to come back :(

PS : sunny here posting with adhir's ID :p

4dh1r said:
finally pipe was as good as new. however have to clean with waxpol once in 3 weeks or rust starts to come back :(

thats the problem. isnt there something that can make a coat that will prevent this further?

Turtle wax products are available at BP petrol pump in venkata ramanan road in T Nagar. I used buy turtle products from there.

rgds
Abin

Back