AVG Anti-Virus 7.1 released - FREE version

Eazy

Skilled
Grisoft announces the release of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1, the latest version of its award-winning AVG Anti-Virus software. All current AVG customers will be able to download the upgrade to the new 7.1 version through the standard update process. To ensure that all customers are able to take advantage of the full functionality offered by AVG 7.1 as soon as possible, the upgrade will be available as two updates: a “Recommended Update†available today, which will include program components, and a second update available on Monday, October 24, which will include additional components.
Download from here...
http://free.grisoft.com/

Untill last week I used Kaspersky but the time it added to the boot process was BORING and it slows down the file copy procedure too much - so I tried a few other AV programs.

I tried AVG Avast McAfee F-Secure NOD32 beforing settling for Symantec (Norton) Corporate AV 10. What I like most about this is its non-intrusion in the working of the computer (I hope it is doing its AV functions fully :) ) and its unlimited time period - no yearly subscription.

I do daily system backups so even if I have a virus attack it is no problem.

Symantec (Norton) Corporate AV 10 is really a BIG memory hogger, hat it actually. Would like to know if avg is any better than nortons in virus detection.

archish said:
Symantec (Norton) Corporate AV 10 is really a BIG memory hogger, hat it actually. Would like to know if avg is any better than nortons in virus detection.

SAV Corp 10 gave me about 20mb more free memory compared to Kaspersky - but this was not an important factor in my decision to change the AV. Anyway I got a newer version of Kaspersky today and it has been GREAT - fast loading and it gives me more memory free than the last version as well as about 5 mb less memory usage than SAV Corp 10. I think I will stick with this version of Kaspersky for a while.

Back