AVG or McAfee?

I have both these antiviruses...Just wanted to know which one is better for virus detection..though McAfee has integrated firewall and site adviser..

Thanks

Kumar said:
Whats that?

AVG is defenitely better.

'live environment' means Production Environment - like servers, etc. atleast in some business usage - for big organisations. Sorry I work as a techie for some of them.

McAfee is certified for such use and I assure you, AVG will piss of before their certification procedures. I won't elaborate because of obvious reasons.

Several times I have seen AVG kneeing down, though I used to prefer AVG since its free.

NOD32 also seems good though.

Try all (Kapersky/NOD/AVG) for a couple of days each ..then choose on your own..

My +1 to NOD. Extremely small footprint and quick downloads of dat files.

Norton is a system hog and have used KAV for sometime......dont know about much about Nod32. I have been using AVG for over a year now and liked it as its very light and doesnt hog up the system as Norton...At my university they use McAfee everywhere onall servers and and McAfee has firewall and other stuff which AVG doesnt have and never really liked the AVG firewall and I get McAfee for free from my university :)..Thats why the question...Maybe I will stick to AVG..

Back