Avoid Amazon.in 3rd party sellers!!!

^^ Whatever be the case, from all of my previous shopping from all the sites, this has been the slowest. Even the tracking shows assured delivery date of today but it hasn't reached Bhubaneswar yet.
Are you sure it was by air from Bangalore to Kolkata ?? It took them 3 days to get it from Bangalore to Kolkata. Even a train takes half that time.

And Bhubaneswar is not a small city. It has an international airport. Most parcels do come here directly.

For comparison I have received a deodorant by road via TPC in 2 days from Mumbai.

DTDC, FedEx, Aramex, TPC, Flipkart, Myntra all get delivered in 2-3 days here. BlueDart does take some more time.

My point is not to rant here but the service of Amazon.in is going down day by day when compared to its competitors.

I find the title of this thread is overly generalizing. My experience with 3rd party sellers.

Ordered a book on the 8th, they said i'd get by the 6th next month. Then i get an email a few days ago saying its already dispatched, it arrived on Friday. A couple of other items were not fulfilled by amazon all arrived within the 2-4 days.

All of my orders were COD and have been satisfactory. Every one i opened the amazon packaging before paying and they sent me what i asked for with no damage.

I live in a city where Amazon has a fulfillment centre so stuff arrives here and gets dispatched without issue by amazon people themselves who all have galaxy S3's with google maps.

Should be the same for Bombay, now if you don't live in either of these two cities your experience may be different.

My friend is in charge of the fulfillment centre for Bandra to goregaon in mumbai..

P. S. I haven't faced any problems yet either..

If you order stuff like perfumes , they use Gati's surface route. Or else they use fedex or blue dart for other items
It is a piece of clothing, not perfume.

Today is 24th and guess what ?? The package is still in transit from Kolkata to Bhubanswar, no further updates in the tracking from the earlier screenshot.
In the meantime, four packages were delivered by Myntra yesterday (23rd), which were ordered on 20th. And one package was delivered by Flipkart just now which was ordered on 22nd.

Last edited:
Back