Avoid Amazon.in 3rd party sellers!!!

@Rickyk - Thanks for the information.

Here is an update on the situation.

Earlier in the morning I had asked them to give me an update on the status. I got a reply from them that they couldn't manage to find a copy so will refund the amount along with an apology.

According to the last few mails from Amazon I guess the process has started.

This is not how I wanted the deal to end but it is still better than how it could have ended.

Rhythmhouse is a really old seller. Have bought stuff from their brick and mortar store, their website and also Flipkart as 3rd party seller. Have never been disappointed. The have some music which is not available anywhere else in india.

@Chaos - Seriously I don't give a hoot about their legacy. All that I saw was how they fumbled and ruined my week. Every day I had to start with an enquiry. I would get a response by the end of the day or the next day. They would answer at their own leisure in few words with no explanation. I felt no sense of remorse or guilt in them about the entire episode. All I care now about is getting my money back.
BTW - I am aware of Rhythm House but that doesn't mean I am going to roll over when they are treating me like that. If I can leave a feedback on a cancelled order it is definitely going to be negative.

If what you have said about your transaction is true, there's absolutely no reason why you should remove it.

In fact you should contact Amazon and forward the email you recd. from the seller asking you to remove the negative feedback so that they know about it as well. Amazon needs to be informed on how their 3rd party sellers are operating because at the end of the day, such transactions bring a bad name to Amazon as well...

Does Amazon actually care ?? Thier policies are pathetic. If they did not release the payment until the buyer got the product, such situation wouldn't arise.

install the buyhatke chrome extension,it gives instant price comparison when u open a product page,keeps a graph of prices in recent times.Also it has an option to watch the price and sends email alerts if price falls.

Even though Flipkart might be a bit costlier, they are pretty good and reliable than Amazon, with whom i had bad experience on 3 instances.
FK is the best for online shopping in india.

^ It all depends on your own experience. IMO, FK is the worst of the lot. Lousy customer support, accepting payments for items then cancelling the order without warning, censoring user comments that give poor ratings to products - you name it they do it. And don't even get me started with Ebay.

I find Amazon.in absolutely top notch followed by Snapdeal and Infibeam. Of course, like your comment above, this is just my personal opinion.

@nRiTeCh
Don't know what you were buying. I buy books, comics, movies, music, electronic items, PC hardware, household appliances etc. online all the time. Since Amazon.in has arrived, I can't even think of one instance where something has been cheaper on FK compared to Amazon EXCEPT when FK offers special discounts on specific Credit Cards. PC hardware & electronics in particular are usually significantly cheaper on Amazon vs FK.

Unfortunately, no single site offers the cheapest price across all items AND backs it with good service. If it could do that, the other sites would find it hard to compete. IMO, the more sites the merrier as long as consumers get the lowest price & decent service which is all that should matter in the end...

Last edited:
The title should now be changed to "Avoid Amazon.in totally".
Apparently, they have replaced their courier for Amazon fulfilled items from FedEx to Gati. They are super slow with almost non existent customer support.
Earlier I used to get products from Amazon in 1-2 days via FedEx. This time, it has already been 4 days but it is yet to reach even to my city. I don't know what transportation mode these Gati people use but its not train or flight for sure
. Capture.PNG

Unfortunately, the product I ordered was not available at Flipkart. It is difficult to believe that this website belongs to the best online shopping company in the world.

Too bad. They should have at least moved to DTDC. I guess Fedex may still be their priority but only for valuable or bigger prized goods.

Earlier I used to get products from Amazon in 1-2 days via FedEx. This time, it has already been 4 days but it is yet to reach even to my city.

My orders from Amazon.in ("Amazon fulfilled, regular shipping") have always taken 3-5 days to reach. This has been the case for me from day one IIRC. The only time I have recd. items quicker is when I have paid extra for faster shipping.

Maybe they are very fond of Kolkata and therefore route every package via Kolkata even when the destination is Bhubaneswar which lies in between Bangalore & Kolkata.
Most/all couriers function that way mate.
Why will they send a few packages by air to bhubaneshwar?

Nearest metro to other cities.

Back