Avoid Amazon.in 3rd party sellers!!!

And assuming the victim is a retarded monkey with no sense or responsibility whom society owes some misplaced obligation to protect without him doing any due diligence is a laughable notion.

That is such a bullshit excuse. Blaming the victim to be more careful is a trope that is found in almost all wrongdoings and crimes. It shifts the discussion from the perpetartor to the victim.
Should I add "also" then? "And it was ALSO your mistake to not have checked the feedback". But I don't see anything wrong in checking feedback before placing an order.
Anyway i gave this link to them on twitter. They should be reading it now or later.

^^ Sorry for the late reply, my internet was down this week.

Regarding feedback, most of the sellers in Amazon are pretty new & have 1-2 feedbacks at most. Can you decide that a seller is bad depending upon a single negative feedback ??

^^ Sorry for the late reply, my internet was down this week.

Regarding feedback, most of the sellers in Amazon are pretty new & have 1-2 feedbacks at most. Can you decide that a seller is bad depending upon a single negative feedback ??
can you post link to the item?

Also its harder leaving feedback for sellers on Amazon. You need to click on account then orders and some more. The site is quite heavy too. In phone app its even more difficult. Like a maze of links.
Site is badly designed imo.

What happens if the seller doesn't send across the product? I ordered 2 things from 2 sellers but have not received any details on shipment. I placed and paid for the orders on Sunday.

What happens if the seller doesn't send across the product? I ordered 2 things from 2 sellers but have not received any details on shipment. I placed and paid for the orders on Sunday.
You received no mail from Amazon confirming the order/payment?

I did. Received auto generated mails for both order confirming the purchase and mails for receiving payment as well.

Sent enquiries 2 both sellers enquiring about shipment details. So far no response.

Considering the speed of delivery Amazon is way behind Flipkart.
Anything i order from them takes min 1-2 weeks to deliver. TIll now i have ordered 3 products.
The only reason I order from Amazon is that either the item is not available on Flipkart or It is out of Stock in Flipkart.
The present product i had ordered on 07-Apr-14 9:50:54 AM.
Till now the status shows Preparing for Dispatch.
So I emailed them today. This is the reply that I got.
Dear Sir,
Thank you for placing an order with us. Kindly allow us till today evening to ship the order, if we are not able to do the needful today the full order amount will be refunded without any delay.
Thanks

I will be avoiding Amazon for sure.

If you order is "Amazon fulfilled" you can actually have it delivered within 24 hours guaranteed for Rs.99 extra (depends on City). Not sure about 3rd party sellers though as I don't buy from them for obvious reasons...

Well, the seller from whom I ordered the headphones now emails me to remove the negative feedback on his profile as his buisness is being affected. Obviously, I won't be doing that.

If what you have said about your transaction is true, there's absolutely no reason why you should remove it.

In fact you should contact Amazon and forward the email you recd. from the seller asking you to remove the negative feedback so that they know about it as well. Amazon needs to be informed on how their 3rd party sellers are operating because at the end of the day, such transactions bring a bad name to Amazon as well...

Over a week I have ended up with mixed feelings about Amazon.

Last Sunday I ordered 2 products on Amazon.
I ordered a Hori Mini 3 Arcade stick from Amazon via iBhejo. The estimated shipment delivery date was the end of next week. The package arrived yesterday all the way from US with barely any fuss. Once they received my mail they replied within 24 hours and kept me posted through out.
I ordered a PS3 game via Rhythm House. These guys are so shady that it is impossible to describe. The last day for delivery is today but they still can't find what they sold me and are trying to find the copy or procure one and send it across. Shamelessly they listed the same item on Amazon again saying 'Only 1 Left in Stock'. I mentioned this to them and also called up Amazon regarding this and asked them to go through our conversations via Amazon's e-mail system and also sent an e-mail to Amazon. Soon the seller replied that if they fail to find a copy they will cancel the order and initiate a refund process. Since they are also from Mumbai I feel like going uptown and shoving a spike shoe up their arse for wasting my time and trying to swindle others.

I would hardly call a company that's been around since the 1940's "shady". If they were, don't you think people would know about it some 60+ years on?

Funny thing is, I have 2-3 transactions with Rhythm House (bought music CD's) but these were directly via their own site and not via Amazon.

Their service was SUPERB. I had problems with their payment gateway and these guys went out of their way to help. They called me voice several times and assisted me till the issue was sorted out.

The persons I dealt with there were two guys named Amir Curmally & Faiyaz Baghdadi. See if you can get in touch with them. Perhaps they can help you.

Then again, I guess it just goes to show how erratic Indian sellers can be when it comes to service...

@Rickyk - Perhaps but I am dealing with them for the first time and first time ever have I seen such callous attitude by any seller. Their replies are as brief as - 'Have not shipped', 'Can't find it'. Why, what is the reason? Also how can you not check your inventory before listing items and keep a track of listed items? I have had to constantly prod them for answers. They know they were having troubles with a said item then why list it again for other potential buyers. In short you are either selling the same thing over and over again hoping the buyer will disappear or you are selling something that doesn't exist. For a first time buyer dealing with these guys it really looked to me like 'Bait and Wait'. First impression matters and they failed in my book.

Yep, those sort of abrupt replies certainly don't inspire confidence.

Maybe you should call up the land line no. of Rhythm House and see if you can get the guys I mentioned on the phone. Perhaps they can help? Note that giving my reference would be pointless as my last dealing with them was a couple of years ago so I doubt they would remember me.

Rhythm House Pvt. Ltd.
40, K. Dubash Marg (Rampart Row), Fort, Mumbai 400023. Maharashtra. INDIA.
Tel.: + 91 22 4322 2797

Store Timings -
Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
Sunday 11:00 am to 8:30 pm

Back