Avoid Gamenation.in They send you nasty stuff and then ask you to keep it because "policies"

codwapeace

Disciple
I ordered a PS3 superslim from Gamenation.in . It was in very poor condition. It has nasty sticker residue and the controller is horribly broken.
r/IndianGaming - Avoid Gamenation.in They send you nasty stuff and then ask you to keep it because policies

I am attaching my email to them upon receiving the console.
r/IndianGaming - Avoid Gamenation.in They send you nasty stuff and then ask you to keep it because policies
Me:
"Hello,I received this order today after much excitement of my first order from your website. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed in the product. I list the problems with the PS3 as follows:
  1. The console is in really poor condition with glue residue on the top. I had no experience with your website, but I expected to get a much better condition console when I am paying Rs. 9000 for an effectively 15 year old console.
  2. The controller doesn't hold charge. When connected to the PS3 it shows fully charged after a few minutes, then when disconnected, it dies because of lack of battery.
  3. The controller randomly presses the middle (PS) button on its own.
I am really sad that my first experience was so poor. I would request you to initiate a return for this PS3 and provide me with a full refund. Moreover, I never expected that I would receive a completely defective controller after paying 9000.I am attaching pictures of the console in poor condition and the random phantom presses of the controller in a video.Thanks."
Gamenation:
"We regret the inconvenience caused. Due to the pre-owned nature of the product, any minor aesthetic flaws are to be expected and are not eligible for return or replacement. We are currently awaiting an update from our back-end team regarding the controller and will notify you as soon as we receive it.
Thanks & Regards,Support Team."
Me:
"This is not a minor aesthetic flaw. I wish to return this playstation. I don't consider it minor. You should have clearly specified that there is nasty sticker residue on this PS3. You can keep the PS3 and return my money.
I am not sure about the warranty seal either and there are so many rubber feet missing from the PS3. I don't want this PS3. Please initiate a return."
Gamenation:
"Unfortunately, we must let you know that our return policy only applies to non-functionality issues that we have already mentioned on our website. Please be patient while we update you on our efforts to assist you with the controllers.
Thanks & Regards,Support Team."

Their policy
5. Pre-owned hardware comes with a 1 month warranty (30 days) from our end starting from the date of delivery. In the event of any issue occurring in the product, the same has to be informed to us immediately to process for servicing. If an issue is noticed within 7 days from the date of delivery, the product will be replaced.

Since they aren't responding to the residue and bad condition issue, Tell them the console isn't working properly as well.

Gameloot is also not far away. They took my game disc and returned it saying that it was having scratches after having it for 2 weeks.

Gameloot is also not far away. They took my game disc and returned it saying that it was having scratches after having it for 2 weeks.
Yeah I've been tempted to buy from them because of the attractive pricing but the skepticism kicks in and I remember I have no idea about what the product condition is. Also don't they have a rule stating physical damage is to be reported within 24 hours even if the warranty period if of 7 days?

Wow, seems like I've avoided this landmine. I was in the hunt for a PS3 a couple of weeks ago and wanted to pull the trigger on this one. But ultimately decided to wait so i could purchase it from a TE member.

I once bought a controller from gamelootdotin and it's condition was decent (functionally plus cosmetics). This was before i knew that forums like TE, IVG existed. Websites like gamenationdotin/gamelootdotin only show one single stock image of a pre-owned product and have that typical copy-paste description that they pulled from the manufacturer's website. They don't describe the item condition at all and expect customers to blindly purchase at a higher price. God knows how many customers have been duped this way. Also have dodgy policies.

Personally i would never buy items from these guys ever again, at least online. They do have offline stores in Mumbai where you can visit and maybe check the item before purchase.

@joy.das.jd what are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Wow, seems like I've avoided this landmine. I was in the hunt for a PS3 a couple of weeks ago and wanted to pull the trigger on this one. But ultimately decided to wait so i could purchase it from a TE member.

I once bought a controller from gamelootdotin and it's condition was decent (functionally plus cosmetics). This was before i knew that forums like TE, IVG existed. Such websites only show one single stock image of a pre-owned product and have that typical copy-paste description that they pulled from the manufacturer's website. They don't describe the item condition at all and expect customers to blindly purchase at a higher price. God knows how many customers have been duped this way. Also have dodgy policies.

Personally i would never buy items from these guys ever again, at least online. They do have offline stores in Mumbai where you can visit and maybe check the item before purchase.

@joy.das.jd what are your thoughts on this?
That is my goal with this post. Gameloot is better than this but it was very good about 3-4 years back. They have also gone severely downhill in the last couple of years. I was pleasantly surprised by the professional and courteous customer service of Gameloot in my first interaction with them in 2018-19. But, that has evaporated quite significantly in the recent times.

I have no idea why anyone would buy from gameloot unless the card is some limited edition which isn't available anywhere else. Buying from gameloot means getting a warranty of 7 days while buying from a user means getting full brand's warranty.
Other issues are no box, no invoice, no idea about product condition, no stress tests. For any reason if you missed the testing warranty period and GPU turned out to be problematic then even god won't be able to save you.

Last edited:
I also wonder why they sell some of their pre-owned Nintendo Switch games without box and cover and proceed to display the box/cover of the game. They also sell it for a similar price to that of the game with cover/box. What's up with that?

I got a call from Gamenation yesterday regarding this thread:

/r/IndianGaming/comments/11r2ghg/avoid_gamenationin_they_send_you_nasty_stuff_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I was at work and I said I will talk to you later as I am busy. He said “How can you say you are busy? Why did you write a complaint on Reddit. Did you not read the policies?“ I was shocked when he kept on going even after mentioning to him that I will talk to him later as I was busy.

I hung up as I didn’t have time to deal with him as I was really busy with my work.

This is the worst experience I had with an online company in India. This is their business model. They give poor products and then take advantage of lax consumer rights in India. Then, threaten people with their “policies.“ Anyone can make any policy. That doesn’t make them right or legal.

I got a call from Gamenation yesterday regarding this thread:

/r/IndianGaming/comments/11r2ghg/avoid_gamenationin_they_send_you_nasty_stuff_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I was at work and I said I will talk to you later as I am busy. He said “How can you say you are busy? Why did you write a complaint on Reddit. Did you not read the policies?“ I was shocked when he kept on going even after mentioning to him that I will talk to him later as I was busy.

I hung up as I didn’t have time to deal with him as I was really busy with my work.

This is the worst experience I had with an online company in India. This is their business model. They give poor products and then take advantage of lax consumer rights in India. Then, threaten people with their “policies.“ Anyone can make any policy. That doesn’t make them right or legal.
Post it on Twitter too. Let the truth come out in the open, atleast they will start to be "PROFESSIONAL" now.

All these so called refurbished sites don't do a proper refurbishing at all. And this is true for bigger international players too. Like DKOLDIES. Even they charge a super premium for old consoles and don't do a proper refurbishing let alone cleaning.

I will always recommend to get used console from IVG or TE. You will pay slightly more than these shady websites but the product will be atleast as good as mentioned.

PS - If they don't return for some XYZ reason then you can get in touch with me. I will refurbish your console and repair your controller.

All these so called refurbished sites don't do a proper refurbishing at all. And this is true for bigger international players too. Like DKOLDIES. Even they charge a super premium for old consoles and don't do a proper refurbishing let alone cleaning.

I will always recommend to get used console from IVG or TE. You will pay slightly more than these shady websites but the product will be atleast as good as mentioned.

PS - If they don't return for some XYZ reason then you can get in touch with me. I will refurbish your console and repair your controller.
Thanks for your offer. I will get in touch with you if needed.

I sold a ps4 camera on gameloot a few years back, it went smooth, then I shipped them a Ps4 controller which they rejected saying the trigger buttons don't work. I was baffled as there was no problem of any sorts with it when I shipped it to them. I got my controller back with stick drift issues and trigger buttons not working properly. Stayed away from them ever since.

I sold a ps4 camera on gameloot a few years back, it went smooth, then I shipped them a Ps4 controller which they rejected saying the trigger buttons don't work. I was baffled as there was no problem of any sorts with it when I shipped it to them. I got my controller back with stick drift issues and trigger buttons not working properly. Stayed away from them ever since.
They had my game for almost a month and gave it back saying it had scratches.

Back