User Guides Avoiding viruses

This may not be THE PERFECT way of dealing with viruses but it has surely helped me since last couple of years to get rid of viruses.
(Now i can sleep without worring about installing security patches and updating antirus)

Following are the list of software's you need to install.

1)Virtual box (or any Virtual Machine software.e.g.VMWARE).
I prefer Sun Virtual box 3.0 as its free.You can get it with January edition of chip magazine or from official site.

2)Deep Freeze .
Here is the trick.
I m not using any anti-virus anti malware /spyware software's to keep my computer utilize its strength in other task.

First downloaded a software called deep freeze.
The software freezes your operating system drive.
I have free zed my c: .
Now whenever i surf net or do any kind of activity which is prone to virus ,all i need to do is restart my window to get back to original stage.

Now the question arises what shall i do to install my necessary software's and other stuff.

Just install Virtual box before using deep freeze and keep your operating system hard disk in d drive (Since we already freeze c: using deep freeze).
Don't forget to take snapshot of your virtual operating system once you install necessary software.
(Snapshot is a restoration technology used in virtual machines.)

Now use your original operating system to surf internet ,plug in removable media whose authenticity is not known to you.

Use Virtual machines to test your software or doing your daily work .
Do share your views if you like my POST.
You can ask any queries regarding the software's mentioned above.

pinga123 said:
There are people who make them self so strong that they can face everything .
However some people hire others to do their work.

With no hard feeling for second type species I would like to be a part of Type 1 (and I m still a learner).
Bad analogy.

Your method is more akin to a 3rd type of people who:
- curl into a fetal position and block out everything
- buy fresh clothes everyday and burn them after one use
- sleep in a cryogenic chamber

But you didnt answer my question.

saumilsingh said:
Bad analogy.

Your method is more akin to a 3rd type of people who:
- curl into a fetal position and block out everything
- buy fresh clothes everyday and burn them after one use
- sleep in a cryogenic chamber
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
sO U MEAN ALL CYBER CAFE OWNER BURN THEIR CLOTHS AFTER ONE USE.

After reading sikvik's useful article i have decided to edit this post.

However Following is worked for me.(Considering you dont insert your friends pendrive in your machine).

1)Make a folder named autorun.inf in every partition you have (Including your pendrive).

2)Make sure you make the foder at root position i.e.c:\autorun.inf ,e:\autorun.inf.

3)By doing this you are making sure of no file with name autorun.inf can be created in your pendrive without your knowledge.

4)I also advice you to do this on every partition to reduce the risk of clicking a normal partition on your disk and getting infected by the virus.

This is how the virus works.

1)Virus creates a file called autorun.inf in root of your partition say d:

2)you can easily read this file by invoking command prompt and typing edit d:\autorun.inf.

3)It contains the virus exe location(I recommend You to google about exe name to officially declare it as virus).

4)So when you click on d drive first autorun.inf file get executed which contains the path of exe.

5)exe file then contains harmful instruction .

6)by making autorun.inf folder in root of every partition minimise the risk of getting infected from the virus .

Back