WTB AX200 / AX210 WiFi cards

ze_cook

Disciple
New laptop has a MT7921 wifi card, performance is nowhere near my desktop which has a AX210, also Linux support is abysmal (can't connect to Wifi 6 5ghz WPA3 networks). Expected price is 2k, but negotiable.

12th, but I don't want to use the cnvio/2 adapters (201/211) as I'll be locked to the intel platform.

In other info, checked mouser, they have the ax210ngw for 18usd, and after import (through semikart) it'll cost me ~2.6k.

12th, but I don't want to use the cnvio/2 adapters (201/211) as I'll be locked to the intel platform.

In other info, checked mouser, they have the ax210ngw for 18usd, and after import (through semikart) it'll cost me ~2.6k.
Yeah so I have the one with the intel platform only.. 201

Update after a week: The card works fine, installation was easy ish, is recognised by the intel driver, can't test Linux support yet as I'm away from the home AP. Thread can be closed.

Card is genuine Intel product?
Don't know how to test that. PCI vendor and product IDs seem to match, link speeds also look fine, but can't verify actual transfer speed right now, has intel branding on card. I guess it can still be fake, if they wrote a firmware for some other wifi chip that makes it identify as the intel chip, and makes it compatible with the intel driver. Right now the latest intel proprietary driver runs fine, and linux seems fine as well.

Do you know of a way to verify?

It should be fine if the intel driver installed correctly & card is working fine since then. You can use it to transfer some 100-150GB of data over wifi network to some other device in wifi network to do a kind of "stress test".

Back