Baba Ramdev's Patanjali bigger than Emami with Rs 2,500 crores yearly revenues

swatkats

Skilled
According to 'Wish you were listed: Patanjali Ayurved' a report by multinational brokerage CLSA Patanjali is bigger than Emami and Jyothy Labs and is "perhaps the fastest growing fast moving consumer company in India with revenues in excess of Rs 2,500 crore for 2014-15. The dramatic growth has been achieved in less than a decade.

Patanjali's revenues have more than quadrupled in the past three years. Despite undercutting competitors, PAL's operating margin is around 20% higher than many of its peers which advertise aggressively.

Listed FMCG firms are currently trading at an average earnings multiple of 46. With revenues of close to Rs 2,500 crore and an estimated after-tax profit of Rs 300 crore, a similar earnings multiple would give Patanjali a valuation of Rs 14,000 crore.

http://retail.economictimes.indiati...-labs-wish-it-was-listed-clsa-report/48704971

300 crores per year.. After Tax?

The first baba/swami to actually earn a well deserved revenue. Nothing like the fake babas who earn on the name of god.

Still, apart from this Its good to see an Indian firm slowly becoming global and soon will beat international brands as well.
Quality products at reasonable price. Way to go!

Not from a business family with capital,
Not holder of many degrees,
Partially disfigured face,
Not so pleasant personality,
No Page 3 networking,
No social media marketing,
No Celebrity endorsements,
Business model not directed by hotshot MBA or CEOs,
Selling Products without current evidence based research backing,
Products not in trend or happening things,
Relatively corruption free status,
Mostly word of mouth publicity...

Still, Making 300 CR per annum after tax??
Baba Ramdev, It's an incredible achievement.

His business model defies almost all current marketing and MBA principles.

The secret recipe here is religion compared to lead in Maggi.
Every Baba has a day in India.
I am patient enough.

Mr. Asaram also had such an inventory which people forgot to notice.
Sadly his online store is no more
http://www.ashram.org/AshramStore.aspx
HERBAL MEDICINES OF SAINT SHRI ASHARAM BAPU
I still remember my neighbor bragging and distributing this Natural sharbat in our society
HERBAL MEDICINES OF SAINT SHRI ASHARAM BAPU: आश्रम के प्राकृतिक शर्बत
Achyutaya Gulab Sharbat new.jpg
And yes, this as well SAINT SHRI ASHARAM BAPU: Cow Ghee

Babas and their products are just like twitter trends now.

My bad.I think I should have been more precise.
What I meant to say is Lead(Pb) lead to the downfall of the Maggi empire.
Similarly once people find their religious sentiments fiddled with,like other babas did, patanjali may see the same fate.

I'll be blunt, "Religion sells in India" and applies to all religion.

A decade is long time
To put facts in place, Asaram too had a long reign.
According to Sant Asaramji ki Jeevan Jhanki, Asaram returned to Ahmedabad on 8 July 1971. On 29 January 1972, he built a hut at Motera, then a village on the banks of the Sabarmati.[8] Although his official biography doesn't mention it, Asaram also lived in Motera's Sadashiv Ashram for two years, before setting up his own hut adjacent to it.[10] He converted his hutment into an ashram in 1973, starting with 5-10 followers. In 1981 and 1992, the Indian National Congress-led state government allotted the ashram 14,515 m2land. In 1997 and 1999, the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government allotted it 25,000 m2 for expansion.[8] Asaram had few followers in the beginning, but the numbers increased as local politicians became his devotees.
Source : Asaram

The sharbat I spoke of, was as famous as these patanjali products.
The neighbor lady would bring dozens of bottles for our society members.They too were cheap as patanjali.
I am talking about early 2000's.
We are just rewinding episodes.One baba succeeds another.

Sadly no one cared to draw such statistics at Asaram's time.

The secret recipe here is religion compared to lead in Maggi.
Every Baba has a day in India.
I am patient enough.

Mr. Asaram also had such an inventory which people forgot to notice.
Sadly his online store is no more
http://www.ashram.org/AshramStore.aspx
HERBAL MEDICINES OF SAINT SHRI ASHARAM BAPU
I still remember my neighbor bragging and distributing this Natural sharbat in our society
HERBAL MEDICINES OF SAINT SHRI ASHARAM BAPU: आश्रम के प्राकृतिक शर्बत
View attachment 59638
And yes, this as well SAINT SHRI ASHARAM BAPU: Cow Ghee

Babas and their products are just like twitter trends now.

It's a fiercely competitive field, most of the Ayurvedic product sellers use the same secret ingredient. But don't succeed, people aren't foolish, they won't keep on buying same products inspite of being ineffective.

BTW how do you expect to sell Ayurvedic products (which traditionally confined to one religion) , Which can satisfy the pseudo secularist credentials of this nation ?

yes, because those educated folks forgot to employ religion.

Observe keenly, most marketing people try to employ religion and religious emotions many a times, including MNCs. Albeit more subtly though.

BTW Religious card will alienate 20% of population from buying your products. I have seen people from other religions being faithful to Patanjali products.

Attributing Baba Ramdev success solely to a religious propaganda is a sign of intellectual bankruptcy, pretty harsh and unfair.

BTW I never used Patanjali products, but know many a people who use them. I don't subscribe to his political views either.

It's a fiercely competitive field, most of the Ayurvedic product sellers use the same secret ingredient. But don't succeed, people aren't foolish, they won't keep on buying same products inspite of being ineffective.

BTW how do you expect to sell Ayurvedic products (which traditionally confined to one religion) , Which can satisfy the pseudo secularist credentials of this nation ?

There are people who got themselves treated with Ayurvedic medicines. Now, Ayurvedic is not Baba Ramdev's Jagir or his dads Jaagir.
Now labeling it with a particular religion is not proper. Even people from other religions trust and use ayurvedic products, as for ramdev's products are concerned people but blind trust and buy them. I know families who use ramdev's products, even If some unani medicines are good and effective even they would use it blindly.

For example, When we started practising yoga during yoga revolution 2004 i guess, our family attended yoga camps in Hyderabad and eventually started using products or patanjali because we did put blind trust with a thought that Yoga is for good and these ayurvedic products should be good. We stopped after 2 years and still practice yoga till date.

F**K Relgion!

Now labeling it with a particular religion is not proper
Its not about associating patanjali with a particular religion.
I do not intend to hurt anyone's religious sentiments and would not hesitate to apologize if I did.
Its just that a product with Ramdev's smiling face will sell more than a product with Amitabh Bachans' or Madhuri Dixit in our country.
Its a "By-Default" perception that, if a products's brand ambassador is a Godman, then the product will be nectar.
The quality and integrity of the items is not in question, as I am sure that these products will be of best standards.
But once a Baba hits the Scandal list, its like playing with the faith of a country.

I tried digging a lot for the carcass of Asaram's products,since its online store is long gone.
The neighbor lady used to bring Soaps, incense sticks, churans and what not.
Astha channel was the only channel their TV will play.
So now when Asaram is gone, we had Nirmal Baba for sometime.
Radhe Ma's Tenure also is finished it seems
people aren't foolish, they won't keep on buying same products inspite of being ineffective
If you would have taken sometime to go through the blog pasted, there were people who would buy such products from Asaram
Tulsi Ark
Features:An excellent medicine for the treatment of cancer, heart diseases, cough-cold, acidity
Vajra Rasayan
Features: Beneficial in conditions of cancer, tuberculosis, heart problems. Brings strength of diamond to your body.

And yes, don't forget that Asaram could impregnate childless ladies

What the f**** !
Are you people dumb?

Baba Ramdev unlike other preaches Yoga more than religion.

Please attend at least one Sheeber/session.
You find all religions,all castes,minority,etc.

Never ever has he discriminated Yoga with religion.

And these products are his extensive research guidelines.

If u all aren't aware.Buy simplest product Patanjali eyedrops.

Look for ingredients-Lemon juice,onion juice,triphala,etc.

Same take an itone(reputed eyedrop),nearly same ingredients.

Do you know that ayurvedic medicines require ayurvedic/natural preservatives.

Allopathic medicines on otherhand can be easily synthesized in labs.

There is years of experience required to generate a perfect formulation.

Plus these medicines cannot be patented in India at least as it's being followed Indian culture since the beginning.

I do not understand where does religion comes?
Just as it's shown on Sanskar channel and headquatered in Haridwar!

So we have a Ram Dev Baba Marketing executive on the forum here.

You sound very much like my neighbor in the Asaram's high time.
I'll rest your case with TIME.

Baba Ramdev unlike other preaches Yoga more than religion
Please take some time to read news.
This one from last week. 30th August
Baba Ramdev for a policy to control 'Muslim' population

And in case you don't know his evolution, and fail to see his open ties with RSS
Creating Baba Ramdev - The Hindu
It was not that long back that Baba Ramdev, a Yadav from Haryana, was just a superior yoga instructor with a mass following, a people's Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, whose clientele was at the upper end of the social spectrum.
Today, Baba Ramdev heads a yoga and health empire, worth hundreds of crores, with even an island off the coast of Scotland, gifted to him by grateful devotees, to run a yoga ashram and a spa. He swishes around in chartered private planes — and, significantly, has a team of advisers with impressive credentials.
former Intelligence Bureau chief Ajit Doval and veteran journalist Ved Prakash Vaidik, who has close connections with the RSS family. Then there is S Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant by training and RSS person by ideology, who was once a close aide of the newspaper magnate, the late Ramnath Goenka. And the “remote control” is with K.Govindacharya

I am lucky that I learnt yoga long back in 2004 in my school.

So we have a Ram Dev Baba Marketing executive on the forum here.

You sound very much like my neighbor in the Asaram's high time.
I'll rest your case with TIME.

Please take some time to read news.
This one from last week. 30th August
Baba Ramdev for a policy to control 'Muslim' population

And in case you don't know his evolution, and fail to see his open ties with RSS
Creating Baba Ramdev - The Hindu

I am lucky that I learnt yoga long back in 2004 in my school.
I am lucky that I learnt yoga long back in 2004 in my school.[/QUOTE]
I am not marketting.

I just shared my experience.
Yoga is definately beautiful.
Plus have seen unbelieavable results
Especially with eyedrops.

I won't care @ anything if I am able to reduce 4 numbers from my Myopian eyesight.

As for population, I talked about the people attending his yoga sessions.
Please read carefully.

Stop calling experiences as marketing.

Back