Camera Backpack for DSLR.

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Hey guys.

I want to buy a backpack for my DSLR (Canon EOS 550D).

Following stuff should fit in it.

• Canon EOS 550D
  • Canon 18-55mm IS lens
  • Canon 50mm lens
  • Canon 55-250mm IS lens
  • Some other stuff like Memory Cards, Charger, data cable, filters, caps.

Maximum budget will be around - $70 i.e. 2.9k

Should I go for LowePro Slingshot 202 AW?

Suggest me some backpacks within the budget please :)

Thanks,

Rahul.

me looking for a bag too. I have the same stuff, except that mine is 300D :D

I thought about sling shot too. but there are no indian sellers for that bag in ebay.

I bought myself a Case Logic SLRC-203, a good one and carries my camera with the hand-grip and 2 other lenses (In total 3, including the one mounted on the Camera). It is deep enough to carry my camera with the 70-300 lens mounted.

Case Logic Large SLR Camera Case > SLR Camera Cases > Case Logic

I Bought it from here - eBay India: Case Logic Large SLR Camera Case SLRC 203 (item 200596863319 end time 16-Apr-2011 12:57:39 IST)

And found that this is the cheapest price if you want to buy Online.

GODSPEED

Have a look at the Lowepro Flipside series. I have the Flipside 400AW and its a great bag. Very comfortable padding, can hold 1 FF DSLR, ~6-7 lenses and has a tripod holder as well. Its slightly over your budget though at $100
Its smaller version the Flipside 300 is very common in our group although its not AW. I also have a Prorunner 200AW and have used a friends Slingshot both of which I found uncomfortable for long hikes, walks.

What would be the options if I were to include a laptop along with the photo gear? Any decent options at less than 5K INR?

logistopath said:
What would be the options if I were to include a laptop along with the photo gear? Any decent options at less than 5K INR?
I own a Lowepro Fastpack 350.. Coasted nearly $80 on ebay. It can pack a 17" lappy aswell. Monster it is!

FaH33m said:
Hey Roxtin

Were you able to check the A44V personally ? It looks a little small .Will it be able to take 1 DSLR + 3-5 lenses ? Any idea about comfort etc ?
The bottom compartment of the backpack can hold a dslr+lens and two more lenses, and you can put a couple more at least (not humongous ones) on top as well. Also, you can turn the two compartments into one if you're carrying a few tele's. As for comfort, it is extremely comfortable, the only problem being since the backpack is neoprene, your back tends to get rather sweaty as its not well ventilated, and fits quite snugly on your back and shoulders.

But to get a better idea of what this backpack can fit, download this video podcast of Ron Brinkmann's gear bag: PixelCorps.tv

If you ever come down to Pune, send me a PM and you can check my A44 out for yourself, if you are so inclined :)

^^ Aramex Shop n Ship? I'm guessing that there shouldn't be much duty on it. Aramex can also mark it as a gift 'coz it's value is less than 10K.

Powersurge said:
The bottom compartment of the backpack can hold a dslr+lens and two more lenses, and you can put a couple more at least (not humongous ones) on top as well. Also, you can turn the two compartments into one if you're carrying a few tele's. As for comfort, it is extremely comfortable, the only problem being since the backpack is neoprene, your back tends to get rather sweaty as its not well ventilated, and fits quite snugly on your back and shoulders.

But to get a better idea of what this backpack can fit, download this video podcast of Ron Brinkmann's gear bag: PixelCorps.tv

If you ever come down to Pune, send me a PM and you can check my A44 out for yourself, if you are so inclined :)

Wow ! That was a lot of info . Helped a lot .Especially that video gave me exact details of the space inside the bag. As of now I just have the D90 fixed to Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 most of the time and always carry the 50mm prime along . I plan to get the 70-300VR soon and maybe if all goes well max to max 1-2 lenses by year end. (macro/ultra wide angle).

So I guess the A44V should be able to take all of this ? But the only reason I prefered the DR467i over A44V is it has a provision to hold a tripod which I guess the A44V doesn't . Also 467i seems to have little more space that the A44V so maybe it can fit in pair of extra clothes while traveling :p.

Thee A44V on other other hand looks beautiful and difficult to resist. I guess I will have to make up my mind between these two :p
Roxtin said:
Seems someone has put pics of Kata A44V Ergo-Tech in Everyday showoff. Lemme digg.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ohh Yeah its Powersurge :p

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/the-everyday-show-off-thread-124079-205.html#post1759112

Thanks for the link , the bag looks so awesome :drool:.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ohh Yeah its Powersurge :p

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/the-everyday-show-off-thread-124079-205.html#post1759112

Thanks for the link. The bag looks awesome :drool : !!
Aces170 said:
I Am not currently looking for a bag, but its in the cards. Would that fit a 70-200 f2.8 lens?

OT: A year back I would have laughed at myself for looking at 5k bags :S
^ Not sure about the A44V but the 467i should easily be able to fit the 70-200 f/2.8 . Few years back when I didn't have a DSLR and when Abhi showed me his 5-6k Lowepro bag, even I had laughed on him :ashamed: . Now it feels like a must have . Anyways I am sure these bags will last atleast 7-8 or more years and would be very well worth it.

Back