Camera Backpack for DSLR.

The 467 can accommodate a 15" laptop, DSLR + 3 medium sized lenses. I can fit a 70-200 F4 in there but not in the proper compartment demarcated for lenses. It fits in a small compartment just above. Ever since I've bought Lowepro bags this Kata has been relegated to carrying just my lappy.

apollyon said:
The 467 can accommodate a 15" laptop, DSLR + 3 medium sized lenses. I can fit a 70-200 F4 in there but not in the proper compartment demarcated for lenses. It fits in a small compartment just above. Ever since I've bought Lowepro bags this Kata has been relegated to carrying just my lappy.
ya you'll have to put the 70-200 f2.8 in the top compartment(which is not padded btw), it wont go in the bottom one.

If you want to fit all the prolenses in a bag, you really need to move beyond a daypack and look at a dedicated camera-only bag

^ I have a Shop and ship account ,can provide you with my US Aramex address and you will have to do the rest (place order on amazon, make payment etc ) . I will have to check with Aramex if they can deliver the the package to a non-registered Indian address of mine or is it compulsory to get it delivered to address registered with them.

If they can directly deliver it to you , you can pay the shipping + duty charges upfront or else I will have to pay and then ship it to you (which might not work out very reasonable ).

Shipping charges -10$ first 500g and 8$ every additional 500g I think . Customs , anywhere between 10-25% , dunno how much it is for bags.

Do all the maths and see the bag is still worth it .

Or else the other option you have is to ask for a direct final quote for the bag from shop your world/ICC world / shopabroad like sites and see how much it works out :).

Couldn't resist on the A44V so ordered it via ebay.in for Rs.3950 only using 10% off coupon . Smartshoppers.in price was ~4.5k including the shipping charges. Only after ordering and calling the ebay seller I realised they were the same as smartshoppers.in . :| The person said they will first get it from distributor in 2-3 days and then ship. Hope they actually ship it before Ebay's deadline or else my coupon will go wasted :(

I use a Lowepro Nova 190. I find it comfortable to carry large enough for a lot of gear.

PS: I prefer sidebags to backpacks. Your mileage may vary.

shaunak said:
I use a Lowepro Nova 190. I find it comfortable to carry large enough for a lot of gear.

PS: I prefer sidebags to backpacks. Your mileage may vary.
i agree with this one :)

i have both, but i usually pick the sidebag whenever possible. Backpacks are comfy for a long day though.

For some time, I've got Vanguard BIIN 50 for Rs. 2100 (with some discount). I know it is not as good as others but still It will work good :)

No idea on that. :( I was only commenting on the quality of Vanguard bags. Soulfire uses a Vanguard Uprise 48 and that could swallow quite a lot of load. Your requirements are rather low so I think almost all good camera backpacks will support your load.

Thanks man...BTW: if I were to choose b/n low-pro and Vanguard what would you prefer.

I like Vanguard as they appear more polished and rich in their finish

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

F**k...those flipkart ****ers just increased the price by 400 bucks in 2 hours:( for the vanguard.@$%%#%%$##

vercetti said:
Reviving this old thread:)
I have a 550d body, 18-55mm, 50mm 1.4, 70-300mm, hand grip, 2 lens hoods, CPL and UV filters and some other accessories.

I was thinking of the below:
Flipkart.com: Vanguard Up-Rise 34: Camera Bag

Need your opinion guys. I liked the looks of the bag.
Budget is around 3-5k

Hi,

Did you get the bag ? The Vanguard uprise 34 also looks interesting to me and suits my needs. Only concern is if the canon 550d with 17-50 lens can slip through the side pocket easily.

Back