PC Peripherals bad caps on an asus board

asus available easily but i guess is not a brand to b easily trusted....my old asus mobo had cold booting problem........now i had asus a8ne...no prob yet......
but my new asus tv tuner card is already bak to lab.....
when loading driver it stated this driver doesnt support the tuner.......
gav bak to rma...now he told it has defect..........will send it to head office and i need to call bak on 8th september...in short my plan to capture us open is drowned.......ill sell the card as soon as i get decent replacement......got it 4 3.4k....but on selling would get only ard 2k.....

HeHe is this the same old Crappy Caps problem ? Looks like these guys will never learn. Wasn't it just not long ago ABIT, Asus and MSI had a class action suit filed against them for something similar ?

thats why i said in my thread under asrock , that dont blindly support any 1 company the premium they r charging aint worth the quality they offering,, my friends asrock after 2 years with overclocked northwood from 2.8 to 3.0 still rocks and is running cool and no fault even has an 9600 on their asrock agp slot, that too now if the mobo dies after warranty of 2 years, without any sorrow he can upgrade to any other board offering new technology from asrock, is that 915 pin board with 479 pin adaptor available in mumbai, plzz guys tell me , as i heard such a rumor from my techy friend a few months ago,,,,

is smthin like, this availabe

that doesnt mean Asus makes bad boards.....

I wouldnt ever go for Gigabyte any day....only paper tigers fuggers..

I have used lotsa Asus boards till date, no problem with them whatsoever.

I can vouch for them

Also isnt Asrock an Asus Enterprise to cater to the lower end segment ?

nope not asus enterprise only the brain capital is the same coz some entrepreneur dudes broke up from asus and started their own afaik.

and darky is there any pin adaptor available for 478 pin proccy on 915g

Viking said:
nope not asus enterprise only the brain capital is the same coz some entrepreneur dudes broke up from asus and started their own afaik.

Wrong-o. Asrock is a 100% Asus-owned subsidiary..

Hehe now the 100% Japanese capacitors claim of DFI makes sense :). Maybe this is an isolated case but most taiwanese cap makers are shady dealers still running the old leaking formula :p. If asus is using those instead of established brands like rubycon, shame on them!

TechHead said:
Wrong-o. Asrock is a 100% Asus-owned subsidiary..

dude it was incepted by asus but then asrock management overtook it and now its a spin-off of asus which no longer belongs to them .......

well i havent done thorogh paper work but just did a google on that and found out this .............http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6077

this is a public opinion for confused souls ....http://www.net4nowtforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-11582.html

this is wat this guys at anandtech are discussing......................http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=1661563

and no where on asrock site also they have confirmed wether they are asus subsidiary>>>>http://www.asrock.com/about/index.htm

and this is what is found in a discussion abot the same >>>>>"""Is Asrock really part of Asus? I thought so, but i read somewere a press release from Asus were it was said that Asus had nothing to do with Asrock... [Confused]

Posted by Bluetooth on 13 August, 2005 11:03 AM:
ASRock is not part of ASUS. It is a subsidiary. ASUS does have shares in ASrock. """""""<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

source.....http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=30;t=004749

also this is what google spewed .............>>>>>Net 4 Nowt Discussion Forum - asrock motherboards

... asrock and Asus are not the same company, asrock is a subsidiary of Asus just

like Aiwa is a subsidiary of Sony or Bush is a subsidiary Alba. ...

www.net4nowtforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11582 - 79k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And what u saying my friend is very right , as at inception it was and had wensite address also as>>>>ASRock http://www.asus.com.tw,,,,,,

But now they are no more 100 percent owned ,now i am searching for asrock company charter reports and confirm it.

dude even u may be right but its always good to confirm instead of blindly beliving something ;)....

Viking said:

Not aware of anything like that but there is this Asus board named -
P4GD1 which is based on 915P chipset but socket 478.;)

no no no ,,, my requirement is to upgrade to lga socket without sacrificing the nortwood

2.8 ghz chip, which i feel is the best piece of silicon intel has produced ;),,,,,,being senti

nothin else, as i recommended my friend this config, and intel all of a sudden has changed

the entire architecture

Darklord said:
Not aware of anything like that but there is this Asus board named -
P4GD1 which is based on 915P chipset but socket 478.;)

so have u got any thin which saves the nothwood and does not sacrifice even on lga socket.?

Well there are many reasons why it can be said that it is an Asus subsidiary.

Think,Asrock does NOT have any boards based on high end chipsets like NF4 Ultra,SLI,945,955,925....

Now dont tell me they cant make it or are not technically that superior.Their USP is low end.BUT if it was an entirely different entity, who wouldnt like to earn a few extra dollars out of high end boards ?

Also when no one has a board with onboard as well as AGP slot mobo for 845 and 965, Asrock comes out with the AGI slot,they call it their innovation but essentially it is AGP.I cant agree that a start up is capable of dishing out such innovative ideas.

There are many small time mobo makers,why couldnt they come out?

lets consider, they had the capacity to do so but then such a company is easily capable of coming out with NF4 or high end chipset based boards,that too on reference design,why didnt they ?

If they would, wouldnt it compete directly with Asus boards ?

Anyways this is my thinking.If you dont believe me, check out Asrock and Asus mobo line up,very very few models compete each other,think about it.

Back