Graphic Cards Baking my GPU. Need Help.

adwait4720

Disciple
So my old Gigabyte Geforce GTX 460 OC started showing artifacts a few days ago. I don't want to buy a new card right now so I have decided to bake it. I have watched a few videos but I am a little sceptical. Have anyone done it? Should I do it? Any tips and help will be appreciated.

what are the current temps at load? if 70+ I would prefer cleaning it reapplying thermal paste and add one directional fan on the back of gpu had same issue with 5770 and the problem reduced it give some over 5hr + gaming sessions.

:eek:
First check if you have warranty (probably not considering how old it is).

Don't keep any expectations if you are going to do anything like this, whether it is graphics card, HDD, MoBo etc.

what are the current temps at load? if 70+ I would prefer cleaning it reapplying thermal paste and add one directional fan on the back of gpu had same issue with 5770 and the problem reduced it give some over 5hr + gaming sessions.
Thanks. Would certainly do that.

Update : Reapplied the thermal paste, did a clean Windows install. Was still getting artifacts. Stress tested it with furmark for a good couple hours and voila! Its working! Lower temps than before. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Baking or Reflowing as its correctly known is only meant for dead cards suffering from dead/dying solders.

It won't do anything for artefacting which is a thermal issue.

Back