Balanced Diet: Suggestions needed

I'm tired of being overweight. So I have decided to embark on a weight-loss program and going to experiment with my diet and exercise. Need advice from members who have become successfully fit due to a combination of diet control and exercise.

Best program if you want to get fit with great results

P90X..... (exercise and diet control)

Google for more info....Program helping me a lot....lost 1.5" from my waist in 3 weeks :p

My tips:

1)You just need to have the determination to avoid food. that is the most important component.

2) Have belief in yourself and enjoy every bit of fat you lose. Remember that fitness shouldn't be measured by weight but by inches on your body and how you feel about yourself.

3) Eat sprouts, fruits (papaya, watermelon, melon etc less in sugar and fat plus high in fiber), cornflakes in breakfast. If you get bored boil the sprouts and add some chopped tomatoes etc. to spice it up.

4) Do regular exercise and yog pranayam. I have an prepared an edited version of swami ramdev's yog which is about 35 minutes in duration and increases your metabolism to burn calories.

OT: @gogs I don't recall you being overweight during college days :p

motorheadinc said:
My tips:
1)You just need to have the determination to avoid food. that is the most important component.
2) Have belief in yourself and enjoy every bit of fat you lose. Remember that fitness shouldn't be measured by weight but by inches on your body and how you feel about yourself.
3) Eat sprouts, fruits (papaya, watermelon, melon etc less in sugar and fat plus high in fiber), cornflakes in breakfast. If you get bored boil the sprouts and add some chopped tomatoes etc. to spice it up.
4) Do regular exercise and yog pranayam. I have an prepared an edited version of swami ramdev's yog which is about 35 minutes in duration and increases your metabolism to burn calories.

OT: @gogs I don't recall you being overweight during college days :p

Oye who r u??? :huh:

OT Well I became overweight working, gaming and doing no physical exercise ..... Now goin back to my college self and even better..... 30" waist target :ashamed:

motorheadinc said:
I have an prepared an edited version of swami ramdev's yog which is about 35 minutes in duration and increases your metabolism to burn calories.

You have prepared or you have ?

And please consult some dietician in your city before deciding to follow all the advise / tips you get over the net. Diet modification is a personal thing and cannot be generalized. For exercising, go to a proper gym like Oxygen or something similar. They might charge you more, but they have professional cosches who will teach you how to exercise. Believe me when I say that, if you exercise the wrong way, you'll end up doing more harm to your body. :)

hp-india said:
And please consult some dietician in your city before deciding to follow all the advise / tips you get over the net. Diet modification is a personal thing and cannot be generalized. For exercising, go to a proper gym like Oxygen or something similar. They might charge you more, but they have professional cosches who will teach you how to exercise. Believe me when I say that, if you exercise the wrong way, you'll end up doing more harm to your body. :)

YES QUITE RIGHT
if you exercise the wrong way, you'll end up doing more harm to your body.

motorheadinc said:
I had a 90 minute video which I edited to get the short version of 35 minutes. I am a busy guy u know :eek:hyeah:

@gogs: You've got PM

Got ur PM :hap2:

Nice to see u here man....

Simple rule to lose fat
"Burn more than you eat"

Count you calories in ur food, and burn more than you eat....all the extra will come from ur fat.....

My present Diet is around 2000 calories a day and I burn around 2800 calories a day....So results are coming real fast :hap2:

^wow that is a lot , i eat around 1500 cal and burn around 1800~2000 :p

High protein and carb diet though.

ani_meher said:
Can u post the edited video here/share the link thru PM? Will be very useful.

I am afraid that that wont be possible as the video is 600MB plus in size. Lets see if I can host it somehow and upload it somewhere. Ne suggestions guys

ronnie_gogs said:
My present Diet is around 2000 calories a day and I burn around 2800 calories a day....So results are coming real fast :hap2:

Holy shit! 2800 calories a day ? What the hell do you do man ? AFAIK, Jogging/Running for 30 mins burns about 300 calories..

^^ Keep a log of everything you eat..Visit some sites which provide a list of all common food products and the calories they contain!

Back