Bangalore : Did BSNL upgrade 256UL to 512+ ?

Ank1t

Skilled
Sry Seed for the thread title rip off :p

Anyway, for more than 24 hrs I've been getting DL/UL speeds of 512kbps and more. Here are few screenies :

new-speed1.PNG

new-speed.PNG

(Both are for different files)

Here's a one hour timeline in utorrent

speedgraph.PNG

(that drop is routine BSNL disconnection :p and the straight red line is a 50kBps mark)

And here's a recent speedtest.net screenie

Heh i dunno how its so much though :D

Anyone else having the same luck?

am actually looking to change my stupid tata indicom connection, maybe this is the alternative :D

can anyone tell me what pings they get to sg servers with this? :p

Maaan even i never face these bursts... and if its true am still geting my 62KB/s on my 512kbps ... BSNL I need BOOSTS that lasts foreve :) :)

Okay this is NOT a boost.

I've been getting 1 Mbps speeds for the past 6 days now, since this thread was posted.

Will wait and watch for another week.

Ank1t said:
^ Pings are pretty pathetic dude. Upwards of 250-300
Not always...I am on the Home - 1350 plan in Bangalore. At nights I get pings <100 to SG servers.
But till now I have never ever got a speed boost. My uploads also do not seem to cross 256 kbps even though I should be getting 512 kbps :mad:

well i am waiting for them to change my plan from home 500 to UL 750.

i am getting 12kB/s to 25kB/s in home 500 it is well over a year since i saw 100kB/s speed.

OK so my port at the exchange or something somehow got burnt (or so they say) :S. This happened during the weekend and cuz of which i was left without any net for two days.. got fixed yesterday evening and bah im back to 256kbps now :mad:. Damn that big disconnection!!

Back