Bangkok - Where to stay?

Staying there for close to 1.5 days(1 night) and catching a night flight back to Madras. I dont which locality to stay in?
No sightseeing except the Aqua Marine Park. Got a whole day to do shopping. So I need to know a good locality which is in the center and not more than a few Kms away from any type of shopping area.

I am thinking of staying at Bangkok Riverside.A good hotel by the side of the river is sure to impress my fiancee with the views :) I understand that the Skytrain is the best mode of travel and hence those stations are nearby.

But I get confused with localities called Sukhumvit, Siam etc.

I had stayed at the Sukmviot, mostly Soi 13 (lane 13 it means i guess) and it was walkable to Nana skytrain station.
The hotel was President Palace.

But do remember that agoda charges for cancellation in almost all cases. At least that was the case when i had booked a hotel couple of years back. I suggest hotels.com for hotel booking.

Agoda has always been my reference for for this trip. Also latestays.com
But I want to know more about the localities to stay based on shopping and easy access to the BTS trains.

Ah yes, although I did make it a point to select the ones that had free cancellation.

I mean agoda themselves charge separate cancellation fees irrespective of whether the hotel charges or not. I was charged 15$ cancellation fees but the hotel did not charge any.

I had stayed for a day at Fx Makkasan in Ratchathevi and 2 days in The Residence on Petchburi Road, Rajtaevee. FX was a nicer place, with a very comfortable stay. I paid like 30-40 percent of the room rents thanks to MakeMyTrip. But the surrounding area was a little far from shopping places and the sorts. But the Hotel staff and the Hotel was very nice. The Residence on the other hand is situated right in the heart of the shopping district. The stay was pleasant, with us getting the family suite as there were 4 of us staying. We paid peanuts compared to the "house"/room we got. It was a suite with 2 bed rooms, a huge bathroom, and a kitchen with ovens, burners, microwaves ovens, fridge and anything you need to start cooking there! Again MakeMyTrip gave us a cheap stay and best part was that it was right around Pantip Plaza, and a stone's throw away from other malls like Platinum, Indra and other shopping malls.

Back