Banking account Query

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
madnav said:
thank you everybody for your input.

will visit concerned banks and get as much info as i can.

@magnet..
thanks for the term 'no frills' ..that shall get me to the point while discussing with their front desk... although i'm not entirely concerned about zero balance... anything as low as 1-2k shall do just fine..which i think SBI has (as posted by someonon page 1)

i will consider the options and services offered by ICICI and HDFC for their no frills account and will post here incase i have any doubts.

Thank you everybody, it has been very helpful. :)
Well if u go with pvt bank than they do have their charges high.....as they recruit more people with good english background studies....thats not the case with most other local banks and also in some cases with govt bank

So getting a 1-2k balance i dont think any pvt bank will suffice.....but ya no frill account will help...but for your every need ull have to pay them ..check the charges on hdfc and other bank sites for same stuff

Neo it would be better if u ask your relationship manager about it...i m a prefered customer so it might not apply to me(checked it doesnt apply to me)...but i never take the risk to as they can deduct 750 buks for non maintainence of quarterly balance with changing their rule any time...but i guess its 10k for all customers unless its no frills account or u belong to a breed of customer...

Saying to ask him is becoz we cant check online but they do have in their login details what type of customer are we....

RKitect

Disciple
Jun 10, 2005
Mumbai
fundusanju said:
ICICI has a zero balance net banking account.. enquire on helpline

I had opened a zero account with ICICI which i got along with the sharekhan trading account. Just once the balance went below 1000 rs and twice they charged Rs 900 as fine for not maintaining QAB. The balance is now negative.

Also they have started charging for online funds trasnfer.

I have an account with HDFC also. Very must satisfied with their service.

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
Go for a bank which provides easy creation of VCC's (Virtual Credit Cards) on the go, this is a very important added feature when it comes to some international sites, as they don't always accept Indian Debit cards. Eg paypal. I use HDFC, they got VCC feature too, but min balance is 10k.

Look out for Kotak also, I think they too have VCC feature.

The Sauron

Skilled
Sep 19, 2007
Chandigarh
I have account in all three ICICI, HDFC, City bank. I would suggest you to open account with ICICI for superb internet banking, excellent bank services in anywhere ICICI branch and helpful customer care.

Minimum balance in all these three is 10k for a saving account.