"BarkhaGate" Scandal

Aces170 said:
Middlemen/messenger to high profile politicians, come one you cannot be so naive. So much for an unbiased view point of a journalist...
I am not much of a Television person. So pardon me if I don't get the obvious bias issue.

So Barkha sucks up to the Congress.. is that it?

^Pretty much, especially in any debate shows she hosts..one token dude from the BJP, one "secular" commentator, and one-two Con-gressi types, and then they all go hammer and tongs at the BJP rep.

TechHead said:
^Pretty much, especially in any debate shows she hosts..one token dude from the BJP, one "secular" commentator, and one-two Con-gressi types, and then they all go hammer and tongs at the BJP rep.
Exactly my thoughts.
There were instances when she would interrupt the BJP person because he could be clearing out misunderstanding and instead let us hear what the congress propoganda is so the average viewer believes that one has to be naive in supporting objections raised by the BJP.

Aces170 said:
Middlemen/messenger to high profile politicians, come one you cannot be so naive. So much for an unbiased view point of a journalist...

So where is the smoking gun ? Do you have any statements explicitly by Barkha where she has misled the public as a result of this 'expose' ?

Why has it come out now and what is the relevance to the ongoing 2G scam ?

No, there is nothing just some broad statements.

I wonder how subscriptions for this open magazine are doing, anyone know ;)

this has nothing to do with scam or that shes misleading public , what these tapes shows is that she was doing the bartering and passing messages between congress and dmk , power broking , nothing else

I have listened to the tapes and corrected the transcripts in my previous post. Obviously, barkha is acting as some sort of a negotiator but in behalf of the congress. They are discussing about the background and about who wants what so that they can stage the show in a way which benefits the congress.

I will post a summary on each tape. It is just 2-3 minutes long. This will help people understand the transcripts.

At first I thought blr_p was naive but then I understood that his political inclinations were getting him in the way of understanding the stuff posted here.

And about me "pimping" this lol, I dont have any personal grudges against Barkha Dutt so mind your language :).

And so much for your questioning of Open Magazine's subscription, perfect example of ignoring the issue at hand. Kinda clears your stand eh?

Darthcoder said:
At first I thought blr_p was naive but then I understood that his political inclinations were getting him in the way of understanding the stuff posted here.
Another useless and unhelpful comment. All i've seen here is ppl that have already made their minds up givining each other a high -five. This only reinforces your pre-existing biases, big whup :|

Darthcoder said:
And about me "pimping" this lol, I dont have any personal grudges against Barkha Dutt so mind your language :)
But you STILL do not have any statement to make, why, scared or clueless ? maybe both. That is why you notice an increasing irritation in my language.

WHat is your ****ING take on all of this ?

Darthcoder said:
And so much for your questioning of Open Magazine's subscription, perfect example of ignoring the issue at hand. Kinda clears your stand eh?
I've learnt BUGGER ALL in this thread.

I am not much of a Television person. So pardon me if I don't get the obvious bias issue.

So Barkha sucks up to the Congress.. is that it?

Yep, as Techhead points out, even right now she will randomly call people on the Gujarat riots. She just wants to play on the minority issue over and over again, emphasizing the breakdown of social fabric of the country. And yeah interviewing the minority community who have suffered in the 26/11 case is also sucky? Exactly what are you trying to prove here, besides the Congress's secular policy, over human lives lost?

And I cant believe you guys take power-broking by a journalist likes its an everyday affair. If this was a developed country, her a** would have been fired long time back for something known as "conflict of interest". She (NDTV) in general is trying to downplay DMK's involvement in the 2G scenario, you do not need to be a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

Boy oh boy some kangressi supporters are pissed or what, lol.

And why do I need to make a statement on this? Cant I just link the article? I have fk all to say about Barkha Dutt, happy?

Darthcoder said:
And why do I need to make a statement on this? Cant I just link the article? I have fk all to say about Barkha Dutt, happy?
Because you are casting aspersions without any basis. Man up, and make your statement.

This way it is VERY CLEAR what YOU THINK is going on here and we don't play any games.

Otherwise, you don't seem to have any conviction about any of this yourself and which case why should anybody else ?

blrp why you chasing darth in all this , ? he just linked to an article ,i thought you will be the one giving the line how journalists should be and all that ?

TE'ians, the transcripts are posted in the first page. It is expected that you comment on those. And try to build a case on it. Some will not agree with you and that begins the argument.

Never seen blr_p use such language, this scandal seems to have hurt him more o_O.

Are you a journalist? Or related to Barkha Butt in any way blr_p?

Or are you Manish Tiwari? D:

kippu said:
blrp why you chasing darth in all this , ? he just linked to an article ,i thought you will be the one giving the line how journalists should be and all that ?
Here's how this thread has progressed

D: you guys, look at this shiznit i got
B: yeah man, cool
X: err, what is this ?
D: never mind what it is, isnt it cool ?
X: what am i looking at
D: use your brain dumbass !!
X: can you explain what it means
D: why are you crapping my thread, you must be a barka supporter
X: F*ck you
D: sheesh

..and round and round we go

:huh:

blr_p said:
So where is the smoking gun ? Do you have any statements explicitly by Barkha where she has misled the public as a result of this 'expose' ?

Why has it come out now and what is the relevance to the ongoing 2G scam ?

No, there is nothing just some broad statements.

I wonder how subscriptions for this open magazine are doing, anyone know ;)
If I find out that my Doctor had gotten some money from company XYZ for speeches or research, or been on 'conferences' abroad hosted and paid for by company XYZ, I would be very sceptical when he prescribes certain medicines made by company XYZ.

If I find out that my Journalist has dealings with political party XYZ and acts as a power broker/intermediary for XYZ, I would be very sceptical of any political coverage she provides.

I think one statement that perfectly describes the situation is 'Shit hit the storm' lol :p

'known are drops unknown is an ocean' haha!! suddenly zeitgeist and similar videos don't seem so far fetched :(

_

Back