Budget 0-20k Basic home PC advice

Another option is to replace 7850 with 7770 ? Can 7770 handle skyrim and other sandbox games at high settings ?

Yes, the 7770 can handle skyrim at high settings at full HD, but that's because Skyrim scales very well and is now a year old. What other games will you be playing? Since you've sold your PS3 I'm guessing you want to future proof yourself. I doubt a 7770 will be able to max out GTA5 on full HD when it comes out a year later.

A 7850 will be more future proof at the added cost of drawing more power of course. You'll have to pair with the Seasonic 520 psu to be safe.

I have almost decided the config. Just wanted to REconfirm :bleh: if the corsair 450w can handle the following config and i should go ahead with it :
i3 3220 3rd gen
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB)
2 HDD (250 gb (would replace it later with 1 tb) and 160 gb)
Coolermaster Elite 310 plus / Elite 430 / antec one s3 (depends on availability)
ATI 7850 2GB DDR5 SAPPHIRE
optical drive.

@ALPHA17 : i have already bought corsair vengeance 1600 mhz. I was thinking of getting i5 2400. But in its specs it is mentioned that it can support only 1333 mhz memory. So will there be any incompatibility or something of that sort ?
Would but B75 mobo.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 : i have already bought corsair vengeance 1600 mhz. I was thinking of getting i5 2400. But in its specs it is mentioned that it can support only 1333 mhz memory. So will there be any incompatibility or something of that sort ?
Would but B75 mobo.

^^ Yes there will be incompatibility and the RAM will roll-back to ~1333MHz.

^^ Yes there will be incompatibility and the RAM will roll-back to ~1333MHz.

Have started my first build. I have aftermarket cooler cooler master dream i117. I am confused whether I have to apply thermal paste?
There is a grayish layer already so u think thermal paste has been applied on the fan and i am afraid that if I apply thermal paste it may be more :-(.
Please help.

In the instruction manual for the fan there is no mention of applying the paste.
It just says to simply install it over the cpu. @Jakob.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354943799746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354943799746.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 113
Have started my first build. I have aftermarket cooler cooler master dream i117. I am confused whether I have to apply thermal paste?
There is a grayish layer already so u think thermal paste has been applied on the fan and i am afraid that if I apply thermal paste it may be more :-(.
Please help.

Don't apply thermal paste if it is a brand new piece, there will be an optimum layer of paste on it already.

Don't apply thermal paste if it is a brand new piece, there will be an optimum layer of paste on it already.

Yup its a brand new piece.
Also i have read all about static electricity. So just plugging the psu to the mains (switched off) and frequently touching the case would be enough to discharge the electricity ?
I dont have that static electricity discharging band :(

Yup its a brand new piece.
Also i have read all about static electricity. So just plugging the psu to the mains (switched off) and frequently touching the case would be enough to discharge the electricity ?
I dont have that static electricity discharging band :(

Do you have the shiny plastic bags that the motherboard and hard-drives come in?

Those are electro-static bags and you can use that in a cinch, touch it once every half-hour. Cheers!

Do you have the shiny plastic bags that the motherboard and hard-drives come in?

Those are electro-static bags and you can use that in a cinch, touch it once every half-hour. Cheers!

okie. :)
Wish me luck !!

- - - Updated - - -

Damn !! i did everything but there seems to be some problem with my psu. :(
dismantled everything. Did it over again same issue.
Calling the pc guy to help me out :(

Is it the case that when I install the graphic card drivers then the graphic ports of the motherboard are bypassed and do not work?
Also when I plug in my hdmi cable to the graphic card the monitor does not picks up any signal :-(. But it picks up the signal from dvi cable. Am I missing something here or my graphic card is faulty??
Please help.

Is it the case that when I install the graphic card drivers then the graphic ports of the motherboard are bypassed and do not work?
Also when I plug in my hdmi cable to the graphic card the monitor does not picks up any signal :-(. But it picks up the signal from dvi cable. Am I missing something here or my graphic card is faulty??
Please help.

Yes, the onboard iGP gets disabled.

Does your motherboard have an HDMI-OUT, try getting the signal from there. If it works the graphic card can be RMA-ed, if no then either the cable OR the monitor are to blame.

Yes, the onboard iGP gets disabled.

Does your motherboard have an HDMI-OUT, try getting the signal from there. If it works the graphic card can be RMA-ed, if no then either the cable OR the monitor are to blame.

yes , Motherboard had HDMI out but it is not giving any signal to the monitor.
All i can do is connect the graphic card to monitor via DVI. HDMI for graphic card not working :(

yes , Motherboard had HDMI out but it is not giving any signal to the monitor.
All i can do is connect the graphic card to monitor via DVI. HDMI for graphic card not working :(

Are you trying that after removing the graphic card OR with it on?

Does anyone in your vicinity have an HDMI cable to troubleshoot and remove the same from the contention of problem giver?

Are you trying that after removing the graphic card OR with it on?

Does anyone in your vicinity have an HDMI cable to troubleshoot and remove the same from the contention of problem giver?

The same hdmi cable when connected to my laptop works fine. I recently read somewhere the AMD gfx card drivers have some issue with HDMI. Can that be the issue ?

The same hdmi cable when connected to my laptop works fine. I recently read somewhere the AMD gfx card drivers have some issue with HDMI. Can that be the issue ?

Which drivers are you running (for AMD)?

Yes that can be an issue but dependent on the driver version.

If the last step does not solve your problem RMA the graphic card. Cheers! OR have the shop-keeper replace it. Cheers!

Back